Xbox | Zenimax Development Studios + Activision?

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 31, 2020, 12:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Feb 04, 2024, 08:27 PM Last Edit: Feb 04, 2024, 08:34 PM by the-pi-guy

Jez seems to be in panic mode.

FOR CLARITY. I'm saying multiplatform stuff for Xbox is happening, not the "Sarah Bond will announce it."

It would be awful to let Sarah take the heat for this, since it's failure of Xbox projects Sarah wasn't even vaguely involved in, since 2012, that has led to this.

Microsoft has essentially decided they aren't going to make enough money with the current strategy. They want to build healthier margins and cash flow using Sony's install base, to then reinvest in growing the Xbox ecosystem using that money.

kitler53

I have to assume someone that's never played video games is making the decision here.  you'd have to be incredibly tone deaf to the industry not to see putting your games on every platform will kill your own platform. 

how do you sell a system when you have no "system sellers"?!?

the lack of revenue from a multiplat release is made up for in other ways.   like just imagine how incredibly fast Nintendo hardware would collapse if all their games could be played on the better hardware offered by Sony/MS.

but fudge it,.. I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth.  I want hi fi rush but I don't want an Xbox and it doesn't support steam deck.   I'll gladly buy it day 1 so MS can see how great it will be to port all their games to PS5...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

I felt like this was inevitable based on how badly Xbox platform has been doing in terms of moving hardware compared to Sony and Nintendo.

I absolutely see starfield coming to ps5 in the next 2 years. And Indiana jones. Etc.

I think MS underestimated how much most gamers want to own their games and not just sub to play. Though it is a great value to buy gamepass and literally play the big blockbusters for less than $15 a month.

Sony has had the right strategy for their exclusives. Only on PlayStation first then ported to PC after a year to two years once the sales on the console dry up

the-pi-guy

whelp.  got to the end of the thread now....

edit: false alarm?   apparently it's a troll?
Why would Jason troll?

edt: while I was on twitter, T.I.T.S. was trending. I thought clicking on it would show people talking about the Texas institute of technology and science, but instead it just showed random tweets with t's and i and s bolded. Good job twitter algorithm.
Someone suggested it will be for a new book announcement.

the-pi-guy

whelp.  got to the end of the thread now....

edit: false alarm?   apparently it's a troll?
It was just for his book announcement:

kitler53

yeah, saw that a bit ago.   

he knew what he was doing....

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Should it now be titled Rise, Fall, and Future Fall of Blizzard Entertainment given MS is probably gonna fudge everything up  :P

Go Up