Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

You're supposed to not like the last part. Me and my mum were freaking out and I loved it.
Well I know that. :P

Legend

You're supposed to not like the last part. Me and my mum were freaking out and I loved it.
Yeah it's fun that the movie wants you to dislike the situation so badly that it sacrifices your "enjoyment" as a viewer.

the-pi-guy

The ending made me scared of people for the day.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
just disturbing. &nbsp;This woman brutally murdered a guy who loved her(and practically bathed in his blood), and completely screwed with your life. &nbsp;And here she is in your lap, acting super innocent. <br><br>

the-pi-guy

I just saw a trailer for Blockers, as in lollipop blockers.  

There was a scene in the trailer where John Cena has pants in his mouth and his wife is like "those are our daughter's pants."

Well then...

Dr. Pezus

I just saw a trailer for Blockers, as in lollipop blockers.  

There was a scene in the trailer where John Cena has pants in his mouth and his wife is like "those are our daughter's pants."

Well then...

Sounds like a good movie

the-pi-guy

Jan 10, 2018, 09:01 PM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2018, 09:12 PM by the-pi-guy
Sounds like a good movie

So far it is 160m behind on the first two weekends.  It also doesn't seem to have as much staying power.  But we will see.  
More comparisons:

Domestic:
TLJ $574.5m in 25 days
TFA $815.8m in 25 days, $600.9m in 12 days.

TFA took about 34 days to drop below 2 million, versus 25 for TLJ.

Massive movie, but its a massive drop off from the previous.  

Foreign:
Four weekends: (although TLJ seems to be missing a weekend...?)
TFA - $921m
TLJ -$634m

Right now it's basically doing less than half in it's better markets of what the previous did. But that might be comparing fourth to fifth, comparing TLA's 5th to the 4th listed week, it's in TLJ's favor.  I have no idea.

darkknightkryta

The ending made me scared of people for the day.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
just disturbing.  This woman brutally murdered a guy who loved her(and practically bathed in his blood), and completely screwed with your life.  And here she is in your lap, acting super innocent.

I just skipped to now, this spoiler sounds like a part from Zero Time Dilema... what movie are we watching?

the-pi-guy

I just skipped to now, this spoiler sounds like a part from Zero Time Dilema... what movie are we watching?
Gone Girl

Dr. Pezus

More comparisons:

Domestic:
TLJ $574.5m in 25 days
TFA $815.8m in 25 days, $600.9m in 12 days.

TFA took about 34 days to drop below 2 million, versus 25 for TLJ.

Massive movie, but its a massive drop off from the previous.  

Foreign:
Four weekends: (although TLJ seems to be missing a weekend...?)
TFA - $921m
TLJ -$634m

Right now it's basically doing less than half in it's better markets of what the previous did. But that might be comparing fourth to fifth, comparing TLA's 5th to the 4th listed week, it's in TLJ's favor.  I have no idea.
And yet it's at 1.2B already WW. Won't come close to 2B but a massive success nonetheless. I'm sure episode 9 will rekindle the flame and be an even more popular movie (as long as they don't fudge it up)

the-pi-guy

And yet it's at 1.2B already WW. Won't come close to 2B but a massive success nonetheless. I'm sure episode 9 will rekindle the flame and be an even more popular movie (as long as they don't fudge it up)
Yeah, it's only doing bad compared to TFA.  It's still doing gigantic numbers.  

Xevross

Well it also might fall short of Jurassic World and Avengers, which wouldn't be so good for it.

Dr. Pezus

Well it also might fall short of Jurassic World and Avengers, which wouldn't be so good for it.
Eh I'd still argue that's huge enough lol. I mean, they're making like 2 movies a year now

Xevross

Eh I'd still argue that's huge enough lol. I mean, they're making like 2 movies a year now
Yeah it is but I bet Disney still were expecting better.

I can see Star Wars grossing dropping quite a lot now. Annual releasing of the films is a huge mistake, but I guess they don't care about long term longevity.

I wonder if the Solo film will even manage $1bn. Quite likely not.

Legend

Solo I feel like will be pushed back. TLJ needs more time in the spotlight.

Dr. Pezus

Solo I feel like will be pushed back. TLJ needs more time in the spotlight.
When is it supposed to come out?

Go Up