PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Lol. The Order makes it to GAF's 10 most anticipated games list and everyone loses their minds
The haters of this game are the most pathetic bunch.

People love to hate yet. But the same went on to say quantum break looked amazing. Grrr..What? Lol.

Both are third person shooters with a similar cover mechanice and trying to bring a cinimatic approach to the games. Yeah, QB has that time freeze and fast running things, but order has its time pause thing to if you think about it

Rorono

and qb's using the traditional gunplay with recoilless regular weapons...boring imo. Does not compare to The Order's better weapons and beefier, heavier gunplay.

Raven

To be honest, the Quantum Break gameplay shown at Gamescom didn't excite me. Oh, and No Man's Sky is confirmed to be more than just walking around. It actually has an objective, combat, and collecting.

Rorono

To be honest, the Quantum Break gameplay shown at Gamescom didn't excite me. Oh, and No Man's Sky is confirmed to be more than just walking around. It actually has an objective, combat, and collecting.

I know but we haven't seen any of that. It could be dreadfully boring for all we know

BananaKing

Honestly it didnt excite me either. Since it was shown actually, and everytime we got info or nee footage it didnt really grab me.

Im not saying it looks bad. Im.just saying i dont like it for some reason, and honestly i cant really say why i dont like it. Maybe because the tv tie in thing pushes me away

Legend

QB looks pretty fun to me, but I'm incredibly pessimistic the game will deliver. I get the feeling the TV show and most of the game will just be delivery mechanisms to "whoa this awesome set piece in the middle of blowing up just froze! Now you get some fun moments of gameplay killing people here."

With the order, I'm the opposite. Not really hyped or interested at all yet when it comes out I know I'm going to like it.

Raven

I know but we haven't seen any of that. It could be dreadfully boring for all we know

Saw a video of some ships fighting in space. Looked fun. Can't find the dang video, though.

Raven

Jan 09, 2015, 03:28 AM Last Edit: Jan 09, 2015, 03:32 AM by Raven

Honestly it didnt excite me either. Since it was shown actually, and everytime we got info or nee footage it didnt really grab me.

Im not saying it looks bad. Im.just saying i dont like it for some reason, and honestly i cant really say why i dont like it. Maybe because the tv tie in thing pushes me away

Well if you're like me it's because you just can't get into Remedy's kind of game design. Plus, there is nothing going on in that game that hasn't essentially been done before. Freezing time? Slow motion? Time reversal? All done before. The game is basically one gimmick mechanic with mediocre third-person shooter action. It also seems to have a rather uninteresting setting from what we've seen. I'm just not sure what ANY of the hype about the game is. It's the same problem I have with people hyping The Order. It's Gears of War in alternate Victorian London with slow motion, cinematic melee, and no multiplayer. It could be awesome but there is little reason to sing many praises about it right now outside of its visuals.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well if you're like me it's because you just can't get into Remedy's kind of game design. Plus, there is nothing going on in that game that hasn't essentially been done before. Freezing time? Slow motion? Time reversal? All done before. The game is basically one gimmick mechanic with mediocre third-person shooter action. It also seems to have a rather uninteresting setting from what we've seen. I'm just not sure what ANY of the hype about the game is. It's the same problem I have with people hyping The Order. It's Gears of War in alternate Victorian London with slow motion, cinematic melee, and no multiplayer. It could be awesome but there is little reason to sing many praises about it right now outside of its visuals.

That pretty much every game they've ever made. I think remedy is over rated along with rare.

Rorono

More NeoGAF gold

"The Order will not sell more than 250k"

"The Order had poor gameplay. What I really want is Until Dawn".

Mmm_fish_tacos

More NeoGAF gold

"The Order will not sell more than 250k"

"The Order had poor gameplay. What I really want is Until Dawn".

Lol, the order will sell 2.2-3 million

Rorono

The 120 dollar Premium editions have been sold out for over a month. Sure, maybe they didn't make that much of them, but it's still a sign of good demand

Wish i could get one. dang it SCEE.

Legend

Lol, the order will sell 2.2-3 million

Yeah plus new holiday buyers are thirsty. Lots will do bloodborne, but the rest will do order. Who knows legs, but it should have a great launch.

Raven

The Order will probably be a commercial success. Critical? Much harder to predict.

Go Up