The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Anyone else signed up for the black ops 3 beta?
I don't pre order games :(

Xevross

I don't pre order games :(
I haven't paid for it yet. I can play the beta then cancel if I don't like it

Legend

I haven't paid for it yet. I can play the beta then cancel if I don't like it
Pre orders here cost $5 at most places.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Pre orders here cost $5 at most places.
Amazon  

Legend

Amazon  
Pff I use gamestop!

I read game dev forums all through out the internet, and this one irked me more than it should: Couldn't "The Last of Us" just been a movie? : gamedesign

Specifically because Reddit's vote system allows you to see most people/game devs there agree with him. Are these indie devs really this clueless?

Xevross

Pff I use gamestop!

I read game dev forums all through out the internet, and this one irked me more than it should: Couldn't "The Last of Us" just been a movie? : gamedesign

Specifically because Reddit's vote system allows you to see most people/game devs there agree with him. Are these indie devs really this clueless?
Amazon is your friend!

What a stupid suggestion, TLOU gameplay is absolutely fantastic! Plus a movie isn't anywhere near long enough to get that character development of Joel and Ellie in.

the-pi-guy

Aug 17, 2015, 05:39 PM Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 06:12 PM by the-pi-guy
Pff I use gamestop!

Super Mario Bros. should have just been a movie.  It's linear anyway.  

Wooh!  I got a point!

BananaKing

Amazon is your friend!

What a stupid suggestion, TLOU gameplay is absolutely fantastic! Plus a movie isn't anywhere near long enough to get that character development of Joel and Ellie in.
its more of an "interactive movie". i have yet to see one person actually explain what this means and how "its more of an interactive movie" than a game. does the combat not qualify it as a game? the stealth? exploration? the upgrades of weapons? the creation of tools and weapons like bombs, shivs and health kits?

is every game with a strong narrative and cinematic cut scenes considered a movie? is Uncharted a movie? is God of War a movie? is The Sims an interactive reality TV show?

Xevross

its more of an "interactive movie". i have yet to see one person actually explain what this means and how "its more of an interactive movie" than a game. does the combat not qualify it as a game? the stealth? exploration? the upgrades of weapons? the creation of tools and weapons like bombs, shivs and health kits?

is every game with a strong narrative and cinematic cut scenes considered a movie? is Uncharted a movie? is God of War a movie? is The Sims an interactive reality TV show?
Yeah exactly, the people who say that cannot possibly have played it. Or they have played it and have no taste ;D As you said, the gameplay is so rich and has so many great elements. Haters gonna hate! Thankfully barely any of the haters are ps gamers

Kerotan

Is there a driveclub community topic on here?  Want to talk about the game!

Legend

Driveclub HYPE thread: Edge of Tomorrow Edition

First result if you search "Driveclub" here. ;)

the-pi-guy

Aug 18, 2015, 12:01 AM Last Edit: Aug 18, 2015, 12:03 AM by the-pi-guy
Driveclub HYPE thread: Edge of Tomorrow Edition - Page 51

Edit:
Driveclub HYPE thread: Edge of Tomorrow Edition

First result if you search "Driveclub" here. ;)
Beaten.  :(

Legend

Edit:
Beaten.  :(
I can delete my post if you'd like  :)

Legend

Aura7541

This is the shittiest GAF thread I've read in quite a while (and it claimed a lot of victims) :o

Go Up