Programming Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 13, 2016, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Maybe slightly off topic but kinda on topic.

the-pi-guy

It's a little perturbing, when I am at school, and I am browsing facebook on the computers and I see the exact same amazon items I looked at, at home, in an ad.  

Like yep, Facebook has a copy of my amazon browser history.  

Legend

It's a little perturbing, when I am at school, and I am browsing facebook on the computers and I see the exact same amazon items I looked at, at home, in an ad.  

Like yep, Facebook has a copy of my amazon browser history.  
They know too much!

It'll be very weird in a few years/decades once regular people become fully aware just how well they are tracked online.

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

Yeah, I wonder when this is all going to come to a head.  I just hope I die before 1984 happens.

Legend

Yeah, I wonder when this is all going to come to a head.  I just hope I die before 1984 happens.
Nah 1984 isn't realistic. We're barreling towards Brave New World instead.

Legend

I need to learn c++ already. C# is great but I have to fight Unity far too much nowadays.

the-pi-guy

I need to learn c++ already. C# is great but I have to fight Unity far too much nowadays.
C++ isn't too far off from C#.
Only big things is memory control is very explicit, and pointers are a bit different .

Aside from that, you could probably learn C++ in like a day.  Enough to start using it, at least .

Legend

C++ isn't too far off from C#.
Only big things is memory control is very explicit, and pointers are a bit different .

Aside from that, you could probably learn C++ in like a day.  Enough to start using it, at least .
The thing putting me off is visual studio. I write everything in Monodevelop and am not looking forward to switching over.  :P

the-pi-guy

Computers have a register called the program counter that keeps track of what line of the program is being run.  
PC:    instruction
110:  a=a+b
111:  print(a)
(Although of course, the instructions are going to be more simplified than that.).

But the PC gets incremented by separate hardware.  
But there are also control units to be able to select different values for the PC.  That's how loops and conditionals get implemented.  

Legend

I love double precision way more than I should. Single precision floats just cause unnecessary problems a lot of times. Especially when first prototyping/getting the functionality working.

Legend

the-pi-guy

What can I do to make a cool chatbot?

@Legend

Legend

Like on the forum or in general?

the-pi-guy

Like on the forum or in general?
In general.  

Go Up