Hapax important update: All good things must come to an end

Started by Legend, Apr 01, 2021, 09:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

This year for April Fools, I'm not doing a lazy joke!

March 31 was my quarter deadline for finishing Hapax at "minimum viable product" quality. By fudging that into "some assembly required but still mostly viable" and ignoring 3 extra hours past midnight, I did it!

When will Hapax release? No clue!!! Still a while probably.

The cool thing though is that I implemented a proper ending with credits, and I'd like to include all of your names in the special thanks section. So between now and whenever, please make sure I either have your real name or an alias I should use. I can also maybe include a comment if you have something interesting to say.

I'll also be reaching out to old members as well. I ain't no AAA studio after all.

Dr. Pezus

Congrats and well done!

the-pi-guy

Just have a ridiculously long credits list with hundreds of fake names.  People will think you're AAA just from that.  

Lead Software Developer
Michael

Game Programmers:
Steve
Robert
Larry
Etc

Legend

Apr 01, 2021, 02:43 PM Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 02:45 PM by Legend
Just have a ridiculously long credits list with hundreds of fake names.  People will think you're AAA just from that.  

Lead Software Developer
Michael

Game Programmers:
Steve
Robert
Larry
Etc
I think I'm embracing how personal the game is, while also making credits take a couple minutes.

Mike Armbrust

VizionEck LCC

A labor of love 8 years in the making.

Special Thanks

steve
robert
larry
etc

Inspiring People with Zero Involvement

James Cameron
Paul Former
Jonathon Blow
Phil Fish
J.R.R. Tolkien
etc

Thank you for playing.

Credits scroll at the end of the game while the player can still move around, like Death Stranding, so I need them to be long enough to be significant but short enough that I don't lose the player.