The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Where are the hands on impressions from psx?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apparently sony said this

They would consider 2.5 million VR sales (all VR platforms including PSVR) in year 1 to be a success.

the-pi-guy

IHS has predicted just 2.5m VR headsets will be sold next year, with PlayStation leading rivals such as Oculus and HTC's Vive.

"I don't think those kinds of volumes would be either unrealistic or a disappointment," Mr House said.
Read more: Sony's PS4 stays ahead of the pack | afr.com

Andrew House = Mr. House

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Palmer Luckey: "People are free to mod Oculus exclusive for other headsets"

Will do, sir.https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...6rid?context=3
(-)palmerluckeyFounder, Oculus VR 76 points 8 hours ago  If customers buy a game from us, I don't care if they mod it to run on whatever they want. As I have said a million times (and counter to the current circlejerk), our goal is not to profit by locking people to only our hardware - if it was, why in the world would we be supporting GearVR and talking with other headset makers? The software we create through Oculus Studios (using a mix of internal and external developers) are exclusive to the Oculus platform, not the Rift itself. The issue is people who expect us to officially support all headsets on a platform level with some kind of universal Oculus SDK, which is not going to happen anytime soon. We do want to work with other hardware vendors, but not at the expense of our own launch, and certainly not in a way that leads to developing for the lowest common denominator - there are a lot of shaming headsets coming, a handful of good ones, and a handful that may never even hit the market. Keep in mind that support for the good ones requires cooperation from both parties, which is sometimes impossible for reasons outside our control. On another note, I disagree with most of your post, and I think you are either misunderstanding or misrepresenting several important points, but that does not change my answer.

(-)ficarra1002 9 points 6 hours ago*  So what you're saying, is games you have funded could be ported to other hardware, just not sold in different storefronts? THIS is the right way to do it. As in, no contracts regarding exclusivity exist? If Rock Band devs later decide to port to SteamVR, they are welcome to?

(-)palmerluckeyFounder, Oculus VR 37 points 6 hours ago  Exactly. This is nothing new, it is exactly what we have been saying for years: http://www.roadtovr.com/news-bits-oc...ses-ourselves/ "Only on Oculus" does not mean "Only on Rift". If it did, we would not be using the same line for both Rift and GearVR, the two headsets our store and platform currently support.

the-pi-guy

To me that sounds a little odd.  
They picked up games to only run on Oculus, but they are okay with them running elsewhere?  
Seems a little odd to make that separation.

But it is good nonetheless.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Something is going on in London today with the vive, I hope we hear price and date.  But I'd guess not.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Something is going on in London today with the vive, I hope we hear price and date.  But I'd guess not.
It looks like nothing of note came out from the event.

Legend

Aura7541

Sony Showcased Improved PlayStation VR Display at PSX 2015 - VRFocus

I guess this explains why we didn't get a price announcement during PSX.

Legend

Sony Showcased Improved PlayStation VR Display at PSX 2015 - VRFocus

I guess this explains why we didn't get a price announcement during PSX.
Yeah the screens at Paris were the final design, but they had a mixup with manufacturing. Current ones are essentially final.

Also: PlayStation VR Cable Features Power, Volume, Mic Controls, First Images Revealed - VRFocus

"MIC CONTROLS"

No one seems to notice or care, but this article seems like it's alluding that the PSVR headset has a built in microphone.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah the screens at Paris were the final design, but they had a mixup with manufacturing. Current ones are essentially final.

Also: PlayStation VR Cable Features Power, Volume, Mic Controls, First Images Revealed - VRFocus

"MIC CONTROLS"

No one seems to notice or care, but this article seems like it's alluding that the PSVR headset has a built in microphone.
I hope it's a good quality mic.

Aura7541

"MIC CONTROLS"

Ooh, mic controls in VR sounds really cool :O

Legend

I hope it's a good quality mic.
Haven't tried it myself, but it's been a core part of the design for a long time. Sony didn't just throw one in cause it was cheap.

Ooh, mic controls in VR sounds really cool :O
lol the link means controls for a microphone, not controls from a microphone.

But yeah, microphone will be awesome for presence. Imagine Summer Lesson where you can actually talk back to her, not just nod your head.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

Oculus is teaming up with developer CCP Games to give all customers who pre-order its upcoming VR platform a copy of Eve: Valkyrie at launch, the company announced today in a press release.

Go Up