PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Are the lights on? 
And also are all the cables plugged in securely? 

CD drives have lights?

And kinda? I have to take out the graphics card to fiddle with them lol.

the-pi-guy

CD drives have lights?

And kinda? I have to take out the graphics card to fiddle with them lol.

Both of mine do. 
The one on the bottom of mine has a little light on the left side away from the eject button, the one on top has a much smaller light about 3/4ths of an inch away from the eject button.

Might be the power cable. 
I had the issue where the data cable on the top drive was not completely connected.  Was too lazy to fix it for a while, but I got around to it.   

Legend

Both of mine do. 
The one on the bottom of mine has a little light on the left side away from the eject button, the one on top has a much smaller light about 3/4ths of an inch away from the eject button.

Might be the power cable. 
I had the issue where the data cable on the top drive was not completely connected.  Was too lazy to fix it for a while, but I got around to it.   

Yeah I'm not seeing any lights. Time to check that!

Legend

Yeah it was the power cable!!!

Working now.

the-pi-guy

Yeah it was the power cable!!!

Working now.

Sweet! 

Legend

Holly fudge my disc drive is loud. Sounds like a jet engine.

Legend

First post from my new PC!

the-pi-guy

Legend

Fudge.

The case has a small lip of plastic as part of its design at the top of the top pci i/o cover slot. This wouldn't be a problem with dvi like connectors that extend out, but with hdmi and display port it stops the plugs from fully fitting in. My mobo only has one pci3 slot so my only solution is to cut off that metal lip.

Fun!!!

Legend

Hahaha now the back of my case looks like a warzone with bent and cut metal twisted and deformed over the whole middle section, but it works! HDMI plugs fit fine and I think display port plugs will fit fine.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wish I could have gotten mine up and running that quick.

darkknightkryta

My PC is having this annoying system lag (Windows 7). Both mouse, video, sound (basically everything) lags at random intervals and the sound becomes distorted while the lag lasts.

How's your monitor inputs?

Legend

Wish I could have gotten mine up and running that quick.

I couldn't work on VizionEck till the pc was finished, so yeah I rushed the whole process.

Anyway played some skyrim. Reminded me why I don't like pc gaming. Mouse and keyboard just aren't fun for these type ofgames.

the-pi-guy

I couldn't work on VizionEck till the pc was finished, so yeah I rushed the whole process.

Anyway played some skyrim. Reminded me why I don't like pc gaming. Mouse and keyboard just aren't fun for these type ofgames.

What?
Set up DS4 windows man! 

Legend

What?
Set up DS4 windows man! 

Yeah PCs are best when they work like consoles.

Lol up at college I hosted a few ssb fights with my laptop folded up and plugged into a tv. DS3s were connected with bluetooth.

Go Up