PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

No idea what any of those anime games are.  :P

It's really awesome to be able to play pretty much any PC game. 

darkknightkryta

No idea what any of those anime games are.  :P

It's really awesome to be able to play pretty much any PC game. 

Yeah, barring a stupid update with Microsoft, games should be BC too.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Okay, So i just got my computer parts in the mail. I wanted to set them up tonight and see if i could get it to post. but the problem is i had to separate the heat sink from the cpu and i forgot to buy more thermal paste, Now it still has the factory thermal past on the cpu but it isn't perfect. Do you think i'd be okay to turn it on to set up the bios till i get thermal paste?

BasilZero

Jan 10, 2015, 12:22 AM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015, 12:26 AM by BasilZero

Anime Sale is up on Steam! Anything recommended??

I highly recommend King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition and the entire Ys Series.

Anyways I bought Blazblue Calamity Trigger.

the-pi-guy

Okay, So i just got my computer parts in the mail. I wanted to set them up tonight and see if i could get it to post. but the problem is i had to separate the heat sink from the cpu and i forgot to buy more thermal paste, Now it still has the factory thermal past on the cpu but it isn't perfect. Do you think i'd be okay to turn it on to set up the bios till i get thermal paste?

It'd probably be "okay," but I'd recommend against it.  Best to wait till you get thermal paste.  I know its a pain.  :P

BasilZero

Well now.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Need to play more of that.  ^

Mmm_fish_tacos

fudgy psu came in dead. fudge new egg.

Mmm_fish_tacos

System     System:     Connecting...
System     System:     Your reference number for this chat session is 401091
System     System:     Ethan L. has joined this session!
null     System:     Connected with Ethan L.
System     System:     Welcome Chris frieze! My name is Ethan L.
System     System:     How may I assist you today?
Customer     Chris frieze:     I just got my second PSU from you, and it's dead.
Customer     Chris frieze:     The RMA process took to long last time.
Customer     Chris frieze:     I want a new unit, i need to make sure the MB is working this time
Customer     Chris frieze:     A new unit of a different brand.
Agent     Ethan L.:     Thank you for providing me with that information. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you have endured. I assure you I will do my best to resolve this issue. Would you please provide me with the order# and the RMA#?
Customer     Chris frieze:     #218409197
Customer     Chris frieze:     Thats the order number, i haven't started a new RMA yet.
Agent     Ethan L.:     Thank you for the information. May I place you on hold while I look into this for you?
Customer     Chris frieze:     yes
Agent     Ethan L.:     Thank you for holding. Upon double checking, I show that the PSU has passed the return period by 14 days. I advise you to contact the manufacturer by calling to 1-909-718-0789 for help. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer     Chris frieze:     I just got it.
Customer     Chris frieze:     in the mail.
Customer     Chris frieze:     How can it be past the 14 day return period?
Agent     Ethan L.:     We calculate the return period from the original invoice day.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Well that doesn't work for me.
Customer     Chris frieze:     let me speak to your supervisor
Agent     Ethan L.:     I apologize that even the supervisor can not help you with this issue since you have passed the dead date. Please stop looking for exception. Policy is policy.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Well it will be my policy to stop else where from now now.
Customer     Chris frieze:     on
Customer     Chris frieze:     put your supervisor on
Customer     Chris frieze:     shop*
Agent     Ethan L.:     That's fine. Please hold on.
System     System:     Mason X. has joined this session!
Agent     Mason X.:     Hello Chris.
Customer     Chris frieze:     hello
Agent     Mason X.:     I am Ethan's supervisor.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Okay mason.
Customer     Chris frieze:     I'm trying to get my PSU replace and swapped for a different manufacturer.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Ethan tells me that theres a 14 day return period.
Customer     Chris frieze:     This is my second psu, it came dead.
Customer     Chris frieze:     If you want me to keep shopping with new egg i'd like it replaced.
Agent     Mason X.:     I feel sorry to hear that. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Could you please provide me with a brief description of details that make you determine this item is defective again?
Customer     Chris frieze:     It does nothing with powered.
Customer     Chris frieze:     It's dead, out of the box.
Agent     Mason X.:     Thank you. May I please know whether you have kept the retail box and all accessories? Also, please verify your current shipping address. Please be advised that any physical damage or missing accessories/retail box will void Newegg return policy.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Yes, i have everything. I just took it out of the box 30 mins ago to plug it in.
Customer     Chris frieze:     
Agent     Mason X.:     Thank you. I have created a refund RMA for you. Please remember to return the retail box and all accessories originally included with the item(s). A confirmation email has been sent to you with the return instructions and a pre-paid shipping label so you may return the product(s). You will receive this email within the next 24 hours. Please print the label and tape it onto the outside of your returning package. The pre-paid shipping label does expire in 7 days so please make sure you send this package as soon as possible. Once your return is received, it will take 2-5 (7-10 notebooks) business days to process.
Customer     Chris frieze:     Okay, thank you.
Agent     Mason X.:     You're welcome.
Agent     Mason X.:     Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Customer     Chris frieze:     No that is all.

Mmm_fish_tacos

And this is how you handle jack asses, I'll order from amazon from now on. Much better to deal with.

Mmm_fish_tacos

can anyone suggest a good PSU?

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm not sure, I need 750-800w tho.

the-pi-guy

Go Up