Mmm_fish_tacos

My stuff will be here on the 3rd!

Mmm_fish_tacos

What GPU do you guys suggest?

Mmm_fish_tacos

BasilZero

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nvidia

lol ok, which one? I've been looking at the r9 290 4gb version. It cost 380 So i guess 400 is my limit, over time i will buy a second card. This is my eye candy machine, as i already have a ps4 and xbox 1. I want to build something that will blow the two out of the water.

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

GTX 970?

yeah, i've been looking at that one too.

Dr. Pezus

yeah, i've been looking at that one too.

"Meet the GPU that nukes almost the entire high-end graphics market from orbit."
I'm sure it would suffice lol

Dr. Pezus

From Eurogamer:

"The GeForce GTX 970 is that rarest of things in the graphics card market - a genuine game-changer. In fact, it's actually more like a cooked hand grenade strategically lobbed into the high-end GPU market, designed to cause maximum damage to the competition - but in the process impacting just as many Nvidia cards too. It costs £260, which is a lot of money, but its performance per pound ratio is so strong that some might say there's little point considering any other high-end GPU currnetly available - and that includes Nvidia's own flagship GTX 980."

I'm sure it's the same in the US as in the UK

"The headlines are this: AMD's R9 290 and top-line R9 290X - £300 and £400 GPUs respectively - are effectively obsolete: hot, power-hungry, inefficient products that are effortlessly bested by Nvidia's £260 upstart. Nvidia is caught in the blast radius itself too - the GTX 780 is history, while the 780 Ti - a card that sold for over £500 just a few months - is also bordering on the irrelevant. Overclocked, the GTX 970 also beats the stock performance of the £430 GTX 980 in most applications too - a phenomenal showing bearing in mind that the latter is 65 per cent more expensive."

Dr. Pezus

This is definitely the card I'd get if I had money to burn and needed a new card

Mmm_fish_tacos

I do like the built in screen cap of the GTX 970, to bad i doubt i could hook the ps4 or Xbox One up to it, So i'd still need a capture card for those.

Dr. Pezus

I do like the built in screen cap of the GTX 970, to bad i doubt i could hook the ps4 or Xbox One up to it, So i'd still need a capture card for those.
But they have it built in too, lol?? Or is that not enough?

Mmm_fish_tacos

But they have it built in too, lol?? Or is that not enough?

currently no, not if you want a high quality stream. like some of the pc players out there. PS4 and Xbox One are far behind in the regard.

BasilZero

Just bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate on Steam for $7.49.

That is one of two games I wanted to buy this holiday season off of Steam.

Legend

Go Up