PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

I paid less than average because I don't care much about the added games, except Truck Simulator and my friend has that game in his library which he shares with me on Steam

Truck..simulator ;(

wat

you dang casual

GRID 2 was the main reason but dayum those bonus games, glad I paid the bonus amount lol

the-pi-guy

But what if it is?!?

:O
This is beyond fiber, boys. 
This is... THE FUTURE!!!

the-pi-guy

Truck..simulator ;(
wat
you dang casual

Truck simulator is the most hardcore game to ever exist. 

BasilZero

Truck simulator is the most hardcore game to ever exist.

Only in the hearts of casuals....who secretly crave for THE GREATEST RPG EVAR MADE XENOBLADE CHRONICLES BUNDURU.

Legend

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

darkknightkryta

On topic, my internet got an upgrade. 
A 300 MB download would have probably taken me an hour, now it takes much less than 10 min. 

I remember trying to download a 24 meg file on 4k/s modem.  Took 2 hours.

the-pi-guy

A lot of screen tearing in the opening cinematic of Far Cry 4, as its running at 370 ish fps. 

Legend

A lot of screen tearing in the opening cinematic of Far Cry 4, as its running at 370 ish fps. 

Get some vsync gosh darnit!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Raven

the-pi-guy

Get some vsync gosh darnit!

Well if you insist.  :D

Are quad core pointless now?

As far as I've seen, no.  Still quite useful, but if you're going to be gaming quad core is almost minimum now as some games don't support dual core. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well if you insist.  :D
As far as I've seen, no.  Still quite useful, but if you're going to be gaming quad core is almost minimum now as some games don't support dual core. 

I was thinking with all the future games coming out being built with 8 core in mind for the consoles that quad cores would be almost pointless in a years time.

the-pi-guy

I was thinking with all the future games coming out being built with 8 core in mind for the consoles that quad cores would be almost pointless in a years time.

The CPU on the consoles are not the best.  AMD CPUs are like half an intel CPU.  I think the numbers I see are like 60%; plus the CPU is clocked very low compared to most new PCs.  Newer PCs might have a  CPU that runs some 3 or 4 GHz.  Mine is 3.5.  Whereas the consoles are 1.6, and 1.75. 
So even if they were clocked at about the same, an Intel CPU would barely lose and would probably still win most of the time anyway.

So, because of consoles, quad cores should be good for a few more years.  Dual cores on the other hand, like I said are pretty much on the way out. 

Go Up