PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Epic sale on GOG and Mount & Blade free for everyone: http://www.gog.com/

Nice bundle currently on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/ . Most of the games get great user reviews on Steam!

ethomaz

Really. :D
This is my third computer. 
First one, I got in 2008 or so, was running a Pentium 4.  Wasn't even able to run Age of Empires 3.  But I did play Age of Empires 2. 
Second one, I got a year ago or maybe 2 now, CPU was much better. 
It was a Athlon X2 6000+/Radeon HD 4200.
Age of Empires 3 yes, but any game newer than 2008 or so was a no no.

So my first 2 computers I got from family members and were outdated by quite a bit. 

This year I decided I was going to build my own. 
-Intel i5-4690,  8 GB Ram
Got that far about 3 months ago, finally got a good GPU. 

-Intel i5-4690
-8 GB RAM
-GTX 970

So proud and happy with it.  :D

Pretty nice config.

My PC is a Pentium III with GeForce 256 yet :P play Diablo (the first) and StarCract pretty well... ohhhh it plays the first Age of Empires too.

I have a note but it is not for gaming... so I never installed anything but I guess it plays better than my PC even being an i5 with HD integrated graphics.

NeverDies

My comp's pretty awesome.

Intel i7-4770k
16.0 GB ram
GTX 660
And running on a SSD

And check out my boss CPU cooler

And here's my case

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

NeverDies

Nice1! All that for Hearthstone? ;OO

Haha, naw. Got it originally to play stuff like Skyrim and Titanfall. I can run pretty much everything at max settings and stay at 60fps.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Riderz1337

Any recommendations?

Use Nexus Mod Manager. The most useful mod is SkyUI. It improve the UI in Skyrim so much. Very helpful.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

Haha, naw. Got it originally to play stuff like Skyrim and Titanfall. I can run pretty much everything at max settings and stay at 60fps.

Even Crysis 3? ;o

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

I wonder if I should get Enslaved for $5 on Steam. I have it on PS3 but the FPS/tearing was atrocious so I quit playing quite early.

the-pi-guy

My comp's pretty awesome.

Intel i7-4770k
16.0 GB ram
GTX 660
And running on a SSD

And check out my boss CPU cooler

And here's my case

Sweet!

the-pi-guy

BasilZero

I wonder if I should get Enslaved for $5 on Steam. I have it on PS3 but the FPS/tearing was atrocious so I quit playing quite early.

I'm tempted too especially by dang Wright.

But I'm holding it off - looks too niche for my tastes and I love getting anime/waifu niche games...oh wait I probably shouldnt of said that outloud. Now I have to keel you women ;(

the-pi-guy

Got my bluetooth adapter today.  Was a pain setting it up to connect to the controller, but it shouldn't be that bad the next time. 

Dr. Pezus

I'm tempted too especially by dang Wright.

But I'm holding it off - looks too niche for my tastes and I love getting anime/waifu niche games...oh wait I probably shouldnt of said that outloud. Now I have to keel you women ;(
Too niche? It's an action game with a supposedly great story.

Go Up