Ys 7 coming to Steam (Enhanced Port of the PSP version - NOT the Chinese PC version)

Started by BasilZero, Jul 15, 2017, 12:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

BasilZero

XSEED Games announced during a livestream for Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection on Friday that they will also be bringing Ys Seven to Steam later this summer. Ys Seven originally released in 2010 for PSP and while it did receive a PC release in China in 2012, this PC version is a new contracted port. The game will run at 60 FPS.

XSEED also mentioned that the game will receive some localization adjustments as well with visual upgrades for this PC port.

Source: Ys Seven is coming to Steam this Summer | RPG Site

BasilZero

So thats....

Ys Origins (0)
Ys I & II Chronicles (1 and 2)
Ys Oath in Felghana (3)
Ys VI The Ark of Napishtim (6)
Ys Seven (7)
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA (8)

So only 4 and 5 need to be released on Steam for the series to be complete.

4 got remade as Memories of Celceta (I think thats the one) and then there's Ys 5 that still need to be released in the west.

Dr. Pezus

So thats....

Ys Origins (0)
Ys I & II Chronicles (1 and 2)
Ys Oath in Felghana (3)
Ys VI The Ark of Napishtim (6)
Ys Seven (7)
Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA (8)

So only 4 and 5 need to be released on Steam for the series to be complete.

4 got remade as Memories of Celceta (I think thats the one) and then there's Ys 5 that still need to be released in the west.

Memories the PSV game?

BasilZero

Memories the PSV game?
Yes.

Memories of Celceta for the PSV is the third Ys IV game, the other two being

Ys IV: Mask of the Sun and Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys,

Though canon wise, Memories of Celceta is the only TRUE Ys IV because the other two werent made by Falcom.

Ys IV Dawn of Ys was developed by Hudsonsoft who is now part of Konami

Ys IV Mask of the Sun was developed by Arc System works and some other company - who are known to make games like Guilty Gear and Blazblue.

Ys IV Memories of Celceta for the PSV is made by Nihom Falcom, the owners of the Ys series.

BasilZero