Battle of the Backlog

Started by Legend, Aug 05, 2019, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

I have a spreadsheet with the games I need to finish.  I actually popped in Vagrant Story this morning.  Still makes me want to stab my eyes out

Legend

I have a spreadsheet with the games I need to finish.  I actually popped in Vagrant Story this morning.  Still makes me want to stab my eyes out
Well that doesn't sound like a fun game  :P

the-pi-guy

Aug 16, 2019, 04:58 PM Last Edit: Dec 31, 2020, 04:56 PM by the-pi-guy

PS3:
-Killzone 2
-Killzone 3

PS4/PS5:
- Dark Souls
- Dark Souls 2
- Dark Souls 3
-Killzone ShadowFall
- Knack 2
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Nioh
- Sekiro
- Skyrim
- Spider-man
-World of Final Fantasy

PC:

-Binding of Isaac
-Borderlands
-Borderlands 2
-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
-Braid
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
-Child of Light
-Cities: Skylines
-DarkSiders
-Dead Rising 2
-Dead Space
-Deus Ex
-Dishonored
-Dragon Age Origins
-Elder Scrolls III
-Elder Scrolls IV
-Fallout 3
-Fallout New Vegas
-Far Cry 3
-Far Cry 4
-Half Life
-Half Life 2
-Half Life 2: Episode 1
-Half Life 2: Episode 2
-L.A. Noire
-The Last Remnant
-Mass Effect
-Mass Effect 2
-Metro 2033
-Metro Last Light
-Mirror's Edge
-Portal 1
-Rage
-Remember Me
-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil 5
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Resident Evil Revelations 2
-Rime
-Ryse
-Saints Row IV
-Sleeping Dogs
-Star Dew Valley
-Tomb Raider
-Undertale
-The Walking Dead
-The Walking Dead 2
-Watch Dogs
-The Witcher
-The Witcher 2
-The Witcher 3
-The Witness

Games I want to get:
-Beyond
-Detroit
-Ghost of Tsushima
-Heavy Rain
-InFamous Second Son
-Monster Hunter World
-Red Dead Redemption
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Resistance
-Resistance 2
-Resistance  3
-Rise of the Tomb Raider

the-pi-guy

Almost done with Bloodborne.

nnodley

finally finished pokemon: lets go

Legend

I played telltale game of thrones. It was really bad. Fun characters but the writing was a joke. Was my first telltale game. Don't think I'll bother with more because 90% of my enjoyment came from being a got fan.

One dumb thing they did was stick to the plot of the show. Every thing was super lame and felt like it didn't matter. Really sucked with Ramsey being a bad guy since you knew you couldn't kill him.

Writing was just so forced. I'll have to look it up but it sure felt like a mostly linear story with superficial open elements.

Also felt like I was punished for actually thinking about things. There was a really good youtube video I saw not too long ago about how game morality systems really force you to pick what the game wants instead of picking what you want and this game is another example of that.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Fudge Duncen. He was high up in my court and the game made him seem good but instead he just sucked.

Xevross

I played telltale game of thrones. It was really bad. Fun characters but the writing was a joke. Was my first telltale game. Don't think I'll bother with more because 90% of my enjoyment came from being a got fan.

One dumb thing they did was stick to the plot of the show. Every thing was super lame and felt like it didn't matter. Really sucked with Ramsey being a bad guy since you knew you couldn't kill him.

Writing was just so forced. I'll have to look it up but it sure felt like a mostly linear story with superficial open elements.

Also felt like I was punished for actually thinking about things. There was a really good youtube video I saw not too long ago about how game morality systems really force you to pick what the game wants instead of picking what you want and this game is another example of that.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Fudge Duncen. He was high up in my court and the game made him seem good but instead he just sucked.

Yep its a bad game, I'd advise everyone against playing it ;D

I haven't played much telltale but GoT is regarded as their worst work I'm pretty sure. Tales of the Borderlands on the other hand is fantastic, and I'd recommend playing that so you can see what telltale can do at their best. The gameplay is still very boring though.

Legend

I haven't played much telltale but GoT is regarded as their worst work I'm pretty sure. Tales of the Borderlands on the other hand is fantastic, and I'd recommend playing that so you can see what telltale can do at their best. The gameplay is still very boring though.
I guess I'll still try tales of the borderlands since I also have that one.

I was fine with the slow gameplay but I think it made me expect more from my choices. Looking it up online it seems everyone dies for everyone.

Legend

Crossed off Detroit and Rime. Added Dragon Age Inquisition.

Xevross

Crossed off Detroit and Rime. Added Dragon Age Inquisition.
That's a very long commitment that might not hold up all that well in 2019. I guess it depends on your taste.

I've actually developed a bit of a backlog for the first time ever. I bought and still want to play:

PS4:
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

PC:
Ys Memories of Calceta
Crosscode
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC
Grim Dawn

And I have a few games that I want to buy as well but I'm holding off on until I get through these.

Dr. Pezus

The walking dead season 1 is great too

the-pi-guy

Replayed Uncharted 1, 2, Bloodborne.

Bought Spiderman, Sekiro and World of Final Fantasy

Legend

That's a very long commitment that might not hold up all that well in 2019. I guess it depends on your taste.

I've actually developed a bit of a backlog for the first time ever. I bought and still want to play:

PS4:
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

PC:
Ys Memories of Calceta
Crosscode
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky
The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC
Grim Dawn

And I have a few games that I want to buy as well but I'm holding off on until I get through these.
I don't expect to love it but I want to get a good understanding of the systems and the general game feel since I'm making my own RPG.

darkknightkryta

I started Nier: Automata about a month ago.  I've owned it since launch and only recently openned it.

Legend

I started Nier: Automata about a month ago.  I've owned it since launch and only recently openned it.
I loved it. Amazing soundtrack and the multiple playthroughs worked better than I expected.

Go Up