TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The Sandman on Netflix is soooo good. Pleasantly surprised.  The actor playing Dream is really great.
No clue what this is about, but I assume you don't mean Dream the minecraft cheater?

nnodley

No clue what this is about, but I assume you don't mean Dream the minecraft cheater?
Heh, no it's a show based on The Sandman comic created by Neil Gaiman

kitler53

i had put it on my list.   but honestly, my list is ridiculously big filled with soo much crud i'll never get to.   

just finished the good place last night.   in progress on the boys.  recently started better call saul and ted lasso.  need to get to the latest seasons of: umbrella academy, russian doll, lost in space, locke and key, big mouth.  probably a few more i can't think of right now.   

i really got behind on my show backlog this summer.  frankly i fell behind on my games backlog too.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i had put it on my list.   but honestly, my list is ridiculously big filled with soo much crud i'll never get to.  

just finished the good place last night.   in progress on the boys.  recently started better call saul and ted lasso.  need to get to the latest seasons of: umbrella academy, russian doll, lost in space, locke and key, big mouth.  probably a few more i can't think of right now.  

i really got behind on my show backlog this summer.  frankly i fell behind on my games backlog too.  
Good show.

Legend

Good place is great, the boys is sometimes great, and ted lasso is great.

I've started season 3 of the orville. Huge budget increase and it's not a comedy anymore. From Family Guy to this lol.

kitler53

Good show.
indeed.

not feeling like typing up a long analysis of the show but i'll sum it up as this: i enjoyed seasons 1+2 more than season 3+4.  

nnodley

Russian doll season 2 was great a lot of times.  Natasha Lyonne is just so good.  Can't say it was as good as season 1 but its up there.  Umbrella Academy season 3 was really good too

the-pi-guy

I feel like there are a bunch of trends with comedy series when they decline:

1.) Dumb characters become dumber and dumber
2.) Targeted characters become more and more targeted.
3.) They also seem to do less of other stuff. Like some comedy shows have genuine romantic or sweet episodes, but they seem to do that less and less.

I feel like it makes sense, but it would be interesting if a comedy show leaned into like romance or something more as time went on, especially if the jokes are getting worse.

Legend

I feel like there are a bunch of trends with comedy series when they decline:

1.) Dumb characters become dumber and dumber
2.) Targeted characters become more and more targeted.
3.) They also seem to do less of other stuff. Like some comedy shows have genuine romantic or sweet episodes, but they seem to do that less and less.

I feel like it makes sense, but it would be interesting if a comedy show leaned into like romance or something more as time went on, especially if the jokes are getting worse.
I kinda miss the jokes in Orville. It's really cool that it has gotten more serious and they sure pull it off, but I think season 2 had the best ratio.

nnodley

House of the Dragon was such a good start to a new GOT series.  Getting those 2 showrunners from GOT out and far away from anything GOT will hopefully make this series vastly superior.  And hopefully the Jon Snow sequel as well.

Though im one that didn't think the final season or 2 were bad they were just terribly rushed and that moment with Danaerys was not warranted at all. They were still epic seasons just far below the first 6 seasons

kitler53

House of the Dragon was such a good start to a new GOT series.  Getting those 2 showrunners from GOT out and far away from anything GOT will hopefully make this series vastly superior.  And hopefully the Jon Snow sequel as well.

Though im one that didn't think the final season or 2 were bad they were just terribly rushed and that moment with Danaerys was not warranted at all. They were still epic seasons just far below the first 6 seasons
my thought on those final seasons is that a key aspect of the books is that each individual in the books has their specific personality/flaws and their actions reflect it.   there are plenty examples of bad choices being made that are completely consistent with their personality starting off with ed stark.  

after HBO started making up their own content they betrayed those personalities in ways that felt like they were more concerned about putting specific action sequences on the screen than staying true to the characters.   that's what i hated about them.  every twist and turn in the books felt justified.  the show lurked from one thing to another without any justification sometimes and that made it painful to watch.   

the final moment with danaerys could have been fine if only it wasn't sooo fukting unnecessary and unjustified by the scenes that preceded it.

BananaKing

Good place is great, the boys is sometimes great, and ted lasso is great.

I've started season 3 of the orville. Huge budget increase and it's not a comedy anymore. From Family Guy to this lol.
Bruh the boys is epic. Season 3 was banging

the-pi-guy

Watching Season 4 of stranger things.

For the most part good, but I get a lot of indescribable rage when the athletic guys are on screen.

Legend

Watching Season 4 of stranger things.

For the most part good, but I get a lot of indescribable rage when the athletic guys are on screen.
Even the good athletic guy?

Dr. Pezus

So Rings of Power premiering today. Anyone seen the first episode?

Go Up