Xbox players are fed up with forced crossplay against PC gamers

Started by kitler53, Jan 11, 2022, 03:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/11/22868220/xbox-forced-crossplay-warzone-halo-infinite-issues

Xbox players are growing increasingly frustrated at being forced to play against PC gamers. While crossplay was initially a popular request from Xbox and PC players that Microsoft has backed strongly for years, those playing first-person shooters on Xbox are struggling to opt out of the experience to avoid PC cheaters.
Games like Call of Duty: Warzone and Halo Infinite force Xbox players to match against PC gamers in a variety of playlists. You don't have to look very far to see why people are angry about it. "Now that cheating in Halo is confirmed on PC, can we have to option to opt out of cross-play?" asked one Reddit post in November, just weeks after the multiplayer version of Halo Infinite launched.
"Forced crossplay is a scam by Microsoft," reads another post in Microsoft's Halo Waypoint forums. "Forced crossplay is a mistake," says another Redditor, and the list goes on, and on, and on.
i only really post this because wow,.. what a difference a year makes.   it was only a year ago that good guy MS was the champion of consumer rights by striving for cross play while bad guy sony needed to die for not supporting the online communities with cross play just because they wanted to hold gamers hostage with a ps+ subscription...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

It's how everything works nowadays. A small issue grows into a big issue and 99% of the people demanding it aren't honest.

It's truly great that crossplay has become a thing but unless you're playing with friends on a different system, it's a slight negative for big games. Or in this case a big negative.

nnodley

i mean is it easy enough to just give the players abilities to turn on and off cross play ability?

BananaKing

fudge Cross play. I turn that shame off right away. What a huge difference it makes. All those people clamouring for it were just fanboys.

I wouldnt mind console cross play, but atleast give me the option to choose and always turn it off.

kitler53

It's how everything works nowadays. A small issue grows into a big issue and 99% of the people demanding it aren't honest.

It's truly great that crossplay has become a thing but unless you're playing with friends on a different system, it's a slight negative for big games. Or in this case a big negative.
amen to that.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens