Xbox | Zenimax Development Studios + Activision?

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 31, 2020, 12:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

You know what this means?

It's time for Microsoft to make a fighting game with all their characters! Master chief can fight Crash Bandicoot.
they have a lot of IP to chose from but i'm not sure its IP that would gel well together for a cross-over fighter.  feel free to prove me wrong with a list but i'm not imagining it right now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

SWORDF1SH

Just did some quick math. If Games Pass gets 100M subs,  at current pricing It will take 6 to 7 years to pay off the Bethesda and Activision acquisitions. MS are making mint off of  Games Pass. No wonder MS have finally fully got  behind Xbox.

kitler53

Just did some quick math. If Games Pass gets 100M subs,  at current pricing It will take 6 to 7 years to pay off the Bethesda and Activision acquisitions. MS are making mint off of  Games Pass. No wonder MS have finally fully got  behind Xbox.
that only pays off the purchase price.  over the course of those 6-7 years they'll also need to pay billions in salary to the developers that work at those companies they acquired.  they defiantly aren't "making mint" on these acquisitions with their current 25 million subs.   MS really thinks they can get to 100 million subs.   if they can't this boat will belly up.

the-pi-guy

.   if they can't this boat will belly up.
Would be something if they opt to sell Activision in a few years.

Dr. Pezus

EA next? Would be a big blow for Sony to lose fifa

SWORDF1SH

that only pays off the purchase price.  over the course of those 6-7 years they'll also need to pay billions in salary to the developers that work at those companies they acquired.  they defiantly aren't "making mint" on these acquisitions with their current 25 million subs.   MS really thinks they can get to 100 million subs.   if they can't this boat will belly up.
This is at current prices. So even if they double the price (very possible) at 50M subs they get in $80B over 7 years. That's crazy amount of money to rake in.

the-pi-guy

Spencer said he's concerned about tech companies unfamiliar with the gaming industry barging in to the space, as opposed to the current, experienced competition against Nintendo and Sony.

"They have a long history in video games," he said. "Nintendo's not going to do anything that damages gaming in the long run because that's the business they're in. Sony is the same and I trust them. ... Valve's the same way. When we look at the other big tech competitors for Microsoft: Google has search and Chrome, Amazon has shopping, Facebook has social, all these large-scale consumer businesses. ... The discussion we've had internally, where those things are important to those other tech companies for how many consumers they reach, gaming can be that for us.
Xbox CEO Phil Spencer discusses reviving old Activision games after Microsoft’s acquisition - The Washington Post

kitler53

Jan 20, 2022, 06:43 PM Last Edit: Jan 20, 2022, 06:46 PM by kitler53
Would be something if they opt to sell Activision in a few years.
it would be like any other aquisition.  they'll just close the studio and let the IP go dormant.  reselling is not going to happen imo.

EA next? Would be a big blow for Sony to lose fifa
i don't think they can.  i think all the sports games have contract requirements that multi-plat is required.   like how the show went multiplat despite being sony first party developed.

Xbox CEO Phil Spencer discusses reviving old Activision games after Microsoft’s acquisition - The Washington Post
eat a sucker.  this is only about crushing sony and you (spencer) know it.

the-pi-guy

On the bright side, Kitler, Microsoft can't buy anyone else for the next ~18 months.

There are already Congress people talking about scrutinizing the acquisition.

Microsoft isn't going to mess it up, especially because if it fails they will lose a few billion dollars to Activision.

kitler53

On the bright side, Kitler, Microsoft can't buy anyone else for the next ~18 months.

There are already Congress people talking about scrutinizing the acquisition.

Microsoft isn't going to mess it up, especially because if it fails they will lose a few billion dollars to Activision.
i'm really glad they are at least looking into it.  the mood in the country is pretty anti-tech,.. it's one area that both republicans and democrats can agree on.  i'd be sooo happy to see this blocked by anti-trust laws.

and yes, the 18 month lock out is good to know too.  mark my words though, in 18 months is the TT announcement...

the-pi-guy

EXzVLQp.png

nnodley

good lord all those COD studios.  What a waste of studio use

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

Go Up