Watch Dogs Hype Thread!

Started by nnodley, May 03, 2014, 12:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

so far for digital maybe about 30-45mins for d/l everything... haven't installed or updated yet and 45 mins would be pushing it for me right now as I have 1 min left and have been on the phone for a short amount of time while it d/l'd everything... will update with patch
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

There was a patch but it was only about 90 megs. Install was ready very quickly. I was able to load up the game in no time.

7H3

May 27, 2014, 06:11 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:17 AM by 7H3
wow the patch downloaded for me and installed basically before I loaded up the game... digital download overall took less than 45 mins... maybe 34 mins with my connection speed
looks like game lets you start playing at about 20% installed as I was editing my controls (i play inverted y axis) I saw that it was at 24% in game
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

They were released the same day.

Changes naught of what I said.  :)
It's impressive.

Dr. Pezus

Probably. Mlb was the only bigish game last month right?

MLB was May too

Dr. Pezus

Legend

MLB was May too

Well then May will definitly be greater than April.

Dr. Pezus

Well then May will definitly be greater than April.

Yup, BenV said May was trending up and that MLB sold really well on PS4. And now Watch Dogs will give it another boost. I expect a 50% boost over April

Edit: Coincidentally, this is my 1000th post

Legend

Yup, BenV said May was trending up and that MLB sold really well on PS4. And now Watch Dogs will give it another boost. I expect a 50% boost over April

Edit: Coincidentally, this is my 1000th post

Welcome to the dark side!

Dr. Pezus

Watch Doges is going to have a massive first week if VGC pre-orders are close to being correct. Over 400k pre-orders on PS4 in the US alone, which should mean 1m+ FW WW for that single version. Probably sell around 2.5-3m all versions combined FW. Insane for a new IP.

nnodley

The game is fudgy awesome!!  Definitely is no reason for the game to not be 1080p though.  Lackluster textures and models in a lot of places.  Water is good, but not the best.  Weather and wind is fantastic though.  Gameplay is amazing though. Really been doing a lot of side stuff more than the story.

Dr. Pezus

The game is fudgy awesome!!  Definitely is no reason for the game to not be 1080p though.  Lackluster textures and models in a lot of places.  Water is good, but not the best.  Weather and wind is fantastic though.  Gameplay is amazing though. Really been doing a lot of side stuff more than the story.

What about the story? Is it just filler for the gameplay or something decent?

nnodley

What about the story? Is it just filler for the gameplay or something decent?

Story is good so far from what I've played.  Played literally 5 missions so far.  Though from what I have played it seems like it will be a pretty good story, but is nothing unique and original. 

The side missions are a blast though!  There are lots and even though a lot of them are the same they are varied just enough to keep you entertained.  IMO, at least.

DD_Bwest

May 28, 2014, 01:47 AM Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:49 AM by DD_Bwest
parts of it are great... the cops are fudgy retarded.  im in the middle of no where, no roads near by, with my counter going down,  and a cop who in no way would ever have been able to see me drives striaght over grass and fences straight to me.   its stupidly impossible to loose a cop while in your car, and some missions wont let you switch vehicles

and the wanted meter goes up out of control for no reason,  i have a 2 level,  trying to ditch cops,  next thing i know im 4 stars with a chopper above me, and i havent really done anything.. 

werent we told we wouldnt here the same thing twice?   ive played less than an hour and im hearing the same lines from civilians.   atleast some of it is funny,   like when i beached a boat some dude asked if that was allowed..    they also tend to walk into your car rather than away from it

Go Up