Prediction: Spiderman 2 to release before starfield

Started by BananaKing, Dec 12, 2022, 09:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

the-pi-guy

Ahem, predictions go here. /s

Honestly I think there's a good chance of this.
I think there's a good chance Spider-man 2 will come earlier in the year than people are thinking. I thought there was a rumor or something that it would come out the first half of the year, and considering it's Insomniac and they haven't launched anything in a while, I believe it.  

I think there's a good chance Starfield will come out early in the year as well, but I'm not as confident in them as Insomniac.  

kitler53

starfield doesn't have an exact date yet does it?  just "2023" after missing it's november 2022 release date?  i wouldn't be surprised to see a 1 year delay on that when all is said and done.  if they we're confident enough to give it a new date there must have been quite a lot of uncertainty which is code for work.  probably for the best since it looks so rough.  don't want to repeat another halo infinate.

...so you're probably right especially if that other rumor is true. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Ahem, predictions go here. /s

Honestly I think there's a good chance of this.
I think there's a good chance Spider-man 2 will come earlier in the year than people are thinking. I thought there was a rumor or something that it would come out the first half of the year, and considering it's Insomniac and they haven't launched anything in a while, I believe it.  

I think there's a good chance Starfield will come out early in the year as well, but I'm not as confident in them as Insomniac.  
I think sony/insomniace are considering a September/October release for spiderman 2.  just like spiderman PS4

And I think starfield will be delayed again until the holidays, where they will release it during October/November

Legend

Starfield better not release too soon otherwise Hapax is getting delayed again.

Summer sounds great for both Starfield and Spiderman. Maybe they'll even be the same month. Redfall could be spring.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

well if both ship in "fall" it will come down to the luck of the marketing to win this. 

what happens if they ship on the same day?

Sony tried to pit GoW against starfield.  wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with Spiderman if they land in the same window. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Speaking of Marvel's Spider Man 2, let's kick things off with some exciting news from developer Insomniac Games confirming the release window for the web-slinging sequel. Marvel's Spider-Man 2 launches on PS5 in fall 2023.
Fall it is then.

PlayStation 2023 highlights

Legend

Not looking good for Bananaking's prediction. Could be just a few weeks apart though.

nnodley

man as long as its as good or better than the first and it releases and no delays then 2023 is already a good year for PS5. Insomniac always solid on release dates at least.

BananaKing

Not looking good for Bananaking's prediction. Could be just a few weeks apart though.
On the contrary, I am on course to be spot on

Legend

On the contrary, I am on course to be spot on
Starfield is first half 2023, unless it gets delayed again.

BananaKing

Starfield is first half 2023, unless it gets delayed again.
And It will.

the-pi-guy

Currently September (rumored) vs September

BananaKing

We can see delays happen on either side too, a one or two month delay is natural these days. Heck sometimes its a 2 or 3 week delay too.

Either way its close, im happy about that.