Astro's Playroom is Fracking Good

Started by kitler53, Sep 28, 2021, 03:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I just started this last night.  i'm ~1/4 of the way though but holy frack this is good.  i can't believe how good the haptics are a communicating the feeling of traversing different surfaces in game.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Yes it is fracking good.  

Haptics are incredible, and the game is way too short for its own good.

Legend

Astro's Playroom is a case study for how to use 90% of the PS5's features.

Deathloop also had pretty good controller support. The speaker was perfect and the triggers felt super natural.

kitler53

Yes it is fracking good.  

Haptics are incredible, and the game is way too short for its own good.
yeah, it feels very "nintendo" like without all the sacrifices of playing a nintendo game (terrible resolution, low frame rate, blah graphics).   

i'd definitely pay for a full game.  i just want to keep playing this.

the-pi-guy

yeah, it feels very "nintendo" like without all the sacrifices of playing a nintendo game (terrible resolution, low frame rate, blah graphics).  

i'd definitely pay for a full game.  i just want to keep playing this.
Did you play Rescue Mission in VR?  

kitler53

Did you play Rescue Mission in VR? 
most of it.  I finished the main campaign but didn't do any of the challenge lvls.  I intend to go back but the remodel I just finished blocked me from my PS5 and psvr for the last ~5 months.

it was great.  I kinda like this better though.  I get less sick is a big part of it...

the-pi-guy

most of it.  I finished the main campaign but didn't do any of the challenge lvls.  I intend to go back but the remodel I just finished blocked me from my PS5 and psvr for the last ~5 months.

it was great.  I kinda like this better though. I get less sick is a big part of it...
Ah, sorry to hear that.  

I really felt that Rescue Mission was better, but I can completely understand sickness being a factor there.

Personally the next Team Asobi game is one of my top 3 games I'm looking forward to, at the moment.

kitler53

Ah, sorry to hear that.  

I really felt that Rescue Mission was better, but I can completely understand sickness being a factor there.

Personally the next Team Asobi game is one of my top 3 games I'm looking forward to, at the moment.
yeah, i can last about an hour in VR before it is too much for me to take.  i'm hoping psvr2 is better for me in this aspect but i'm not really sure why i'd even hope  for that.

vr is really really awesome when it's awesome but i don't think it will ever be my default way to play.

...but yeah, whatever asobi makes i'll be buying.  they've been just soo good lately.     ..and they aren't fitting into that story-driven open world action game mold that sony is a bit overactive in these days.