Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are PS5 exclusives

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 09, 2021, 11:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

No PC, no PS4

kitler53

no PS4 is good news.  ..and expected given the 2023 date they announced.  wolverine didn't have a date I remember but I presume after spiderman 2. 

no PC,.. I'll believe that only if it still isn't announced 2 years after launch. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I wonder if the marvel games will come to PC. They would definitely sell a shame ton, but Sony might feel they bring a certain appeal to their console. Being able to play the best marvel adventures on just PlayStation might bring in a lot of buyers.

nnodley

still a little crazy to announce the game for 2023.  I'd rather just them wait till 2022 to announce.  We pretty much could assume they were making spider man 2 given how well the first sold and was received.

Legend

still a little crazy to announce the game for 2023.  I'd rather just them wait till 2022 to announce.  We pretty much could assume they were making spider man 2 given how well the first sold and was received.
I think they had to announce Spiderman since they announced wolverine. Otherwise everyone would think spiderman was on hold. That's at least what I thought for the few minutes between trailers.

kitler53

I think they had to announce Spiderman since they announced wolverine. Otherwise everyone would think spiderman was on hold. That's at least what I thought for the few minutes between trailers.
why announce wolverine at all?   the game comes out in what,.. 2025?

surely some other Sony studio has something shipping sooner than that?!?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

why announce wolverine at all?   the game comes out in what,.. 2025?

It's Marvel so I assume licensing and all that drove the game's reveal more than anything else. Maybe Disney wanted to show their intentions for the xmen rights, and a blog post would have been too lame.

First Spiderman was announced 2 years before release but Eidos Montreal announced their Marvel partnership 4 and a half years before gotg will release.

Dr. Pezus

why announce wolverine at all?   the game comes out in what,.. 2025?

This is insomniac. I'm sure they'll find a way to release both in 23

Legend