What do you hope for PS5's feature set?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 15, 2020, 10:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

BC is a pretty common request, but what else?  PlayStation home to come back?  Etc?

I'd love if the PS5 store got an update. Wishlist, notify if games are on sale.  Stuff like that.  

Legend

DS5 should know who is holding it.

All games should be playable in vr theaters.

Apps can work together. Make ps home in vr but have it launch other games from within the game.

3D movie support.

Youtube app that can sign in without linking your account.

Suspend games and apps without feeling like the system slows down.

Chicken chamber.

Local splitscreen if you own two systems.

Ps vita remote play.

Dr. Pezus

BC is a pretty common request, but what else?  PlayStation home to come back?  Etc?

I'd love if the PS5 store got an update. Wishlist, notify if games are on sale.  Stuff like that.  
Yeah wishlists already exist in the web store, without notifications

the-pi-guy

Yeah wishlists already exist in the web store, without notifications
On the PS5 store Pez!  

Dr. Pezus

On the PS5 store Pez!  

I know. Just saying it's likely since it's already there in some form

Legend

I know. Just saying it's likely since it's already there in some form
Game gifting would also be great.

kitler53

i want psvr to be able to do 3D movies from download not just from youtube.   still don't understand why it doesn't already.

the store needs to be faster performance wise.  support wishlists (not just on the web).   and game gifting so we can do a secret santa again.  i reallly liked that from the wii era.

I want what's new, communities, events, friends, and profile to be completely overhauled.   i really think it should be more like a facebook inside of psn.   give me a profile page i can post too with my screenshots and videos.   then have a "feed" to look though that includes promoted events and "communities".  the way it is has a lot of decent ideas but implemented in a way that makes using it not worth it.

i want to not have to click past tv services i don't subscribe to in order to get to netflix.

remove the 1 hour limit on shareplay.

make psnow integrated with ps+ to support all ps5 titles as a way to play my digital ps4/5 games when:
1. i'm away from home
2. i'm waiting for a game to download
...and yes i'll pay a premium ps+ subscription to add this feature.

allow me to play from cloud saves directly instead of just using it as a backup.   i own two ps4 and moving from one room to the next is a pain.

support for amazon music.  nothing again spotify but it's just not the service i use.  i would love it if i could play my music.

that might be about it.  i really don't have much in the way of complaints with the ps4s feature set,. i'm quite happy really.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

Sony filed a patent that could be used for this purpose.

SCALABLE GAME CONSOLE CPU/GPU DESIGN FOR HOME CONSOLE AND CLOUD GAMING - Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
That doesn't seem to cover splitscreen gaming. More about using multiple GPUs to share the workload with multiple buffers. Could be used for 3D rendering maybe.

the-pi-guy

That doesn't seem to cover splitscreen gaming. More about using multiple GPUs to share the workload with multiple buffers. Could be used for 3D rendering maybe.
It's not specifically for split screen gaming, but it specifically splits up the rendering of a screen by rows of pixels. Which seems like it's not too far off from having those be two different rendered views.
PS5 1 could render the top half, PS5 2 could render the bottom half. ;)

Legend

It's not specifically for split screen gaming, but it specifically splits up the rendering of a screen by rows of pixels. Which seems like it's not too far off from having those be two different rendered views.
PS5 1 could render the top half, PS5 2 could render the bottom half. ;)

I mean I guess the patent could be used in an already splitscreen game to increase framerates so I guess it's technically relevant.

I'd be fine with your suggestion though of just having each PS5 do its own thing with online multiplayer, and then the tv or something combining the views.