PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

How did he find so many ps5s?.
When getting that many and being a dev, he might have gone through Sony.

Wonder how many will go on ebay lol. Great on him but you'd think a fair amount of devs would already have them.

the-pi-guy

Sep 14, 2021, 01:17 PM Last Edit: Sep 14, 2021, 01:19 PM by the-pi-guy
PS5 September System Software Update Launches Globally Tomorrow - PlayStation.Blog

3D audio support for TVs
A variety of UI updates
Customizable control center
SSD support.

kitler53

nothing that really excited me but I'll be glad to have the "I don't have enough storage to download all 750 of my games" trolls to stfu. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Digital Foundry and Gamer's Nexus do analysis on the minor revision:

The minor revision caused a big stir with people claiming the new one is worse.

End result: no notable difference.

Totally worth the kickback.

Legend

Controller software updates suck. As far as I know there isn't a way to trigger them yourself. Once you say "wait 24 hours" you must wait 24 hours.

Xbox updates controllers without needing to plug them in but it's pretty slow.

the-pi-guy

Sep 16, 2021, 04:16 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2021, 04:35 PM by the-pi-guy
Controller software updates suck. As far as I know there isn't a way to trigger them yourself. Once you say "wait 24 hours" you must wait 24 hours.

Xbox updates controllers without needing to plug them in but it's pretty slow.
Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Wireless Controller Device software

It was added in an update a few months after launch. 

PS5 updates are weird. 

There's System Software Update, and then there's System Feature Update, with no real description of what the latter is for. 

Legend

Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Wireless Controller Device software

It was added in an update a few months after launch.  

PS5 updates are weird.  

There's System Software Update, and then there's System Feature Update, with no real description of what the latter is for.  
Nice!

Was one of my most wanted qol features.

the-pi-guy

Sep 16, 2021, 10:13 PM Last Edit: Sep 16, 2021, 10:18 PM by the-pi-guy
Actually it must be in the new update?
I thought it had been around for a few months at least, but there are new articles about setting back the clock.

Really goofy thing to not have had day 1.  

Legend

My disc drive sounds super nice installing deathloop. Wonder if an update fixed that.

Also I wish the ps5 download screen was always there. I want to see its history like how it worked on every other system. In general the ps5 menu outside the home screen is a huge downgrade imo.

the-pi-guy

My disc drive sounds super nice installing deathloop. Wonder if an update fixed that.
In the big update earlier this year
PS5 disc drive noise may be quieter after latest update | TechRadar

The PS5 used to shake my wall.  :'(

It has been pretty good now.

Also I wish the ps5 download screen was always there. I want to see its history like how it worked on every other system. In general the ps5 menu outside the home screen is a huge downgrade imo.
I love the home screen.  The game page is good, the media page is a huge upgrade.  
The old media page was terrible, had like 7 apps, and the first 6 were saved by Netflix/etc.  
Actually now I think all of them are saved.
So it's like 11 button presses to get to the last app I used.

On the whole I think the PS5 UI is fine, but there are a lot of weird omissions and stuff is in some weird place.  

kitler53

i haven't been on my ps5 too much but generally i agree with the sentiment,.. at the very least it's not clearly better.   maybe i'm just used to it,.. i had similar feelings when i went from ps3 to ps4 but this year i started my ps3 to download my digital library and dear god it felt horrible to go back.   after being on my ps5 for a couple months,.. going back to my ps4 during these last 4 months actually felt good.

in other news,.. i may have my game room back as soon as this sunday!!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Gran Turismo 7: Pre-order items and 25th Anniversary Edition detailed - PlayStation.Blog

51497090878_0b5eb20ec7_h.jpg

Lastly, for those looking to upgrade their PS4 Standard Edition of Gran Turismo 7 to the Gran Turismo 7 PS5 Digital Standard Edition, there will be a $10 digital upgrade option at the time of release*.

We could not be more excited to deliver Gran Turismo 7 to everyone on March 4, 2022.
It's a little funny how different this bundle is from previous ones.  

For $100, you could seemingly get a PS4 digital, PS5 digital, and PS5 physical.  
(Unless the PS4 entitlement here, disables the PS5 upgrade?)

nnodley

could you always delete games from ps5 on the phone app or is that new. I'm loading Alan Wake and had to delete and it let me on the app.  i didn't think you could before.

Go Up