PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

On the X90J, I can't say a lot, I'm not a TV buff.

The two big weaknesses are the reflection handling and the viewing angles. But neither of these issues are a problem in my living room.

I don't have any 120 Hz content to test yet.  

Image quality is fantastic. I can't really complain about anything. 4K looks flawless, 1080p looks pretty close, 480 varies. Some SD scenes look fantastic.

You can occasionally see some weaknesses in the screen. There are 24 dimming zones. In rare instances you get some blooming. Primarily stuff like white text on a black screen. But it's rare.

Played God of War and it looks really fantastic.
Does YouTube not have 120hz vids?

kitler53

Just enjoying the TV now.  
for the first time in like ever I've been logging into Netflix and feeling like I have nothing to watch. 

they aren't releasing as much content.  much of it just isn't what I want (sexy beasts lol).   ...and some things are just really hard to even start when it's obvious from just watching the trailer that Netflix is going to cancel the show. 

I still have a backlog to watch but most nights I spend more time sifting through the list than watching something. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Yeah netflix is becoming a drag. They need to have more content other than the ones they create.

the-pi-guy

Meanwhile my Plex is doing awesome.  8)

Legend

Meanwhile my Plex is doing awesome.  8)
How often does it get new content though?

the-pi-guy

And Android TV had the best Plex app I've ever seen.  Everything works great and turning on subtitles doesn't stop the show at all.  Whereas it's a separate slow menu on the others

My Roku wasn't able to understand the audio, so it wasn't usable.  PS4 has a good Plex app.  

How often does it get new content though?
Whenever I feel like.

A little too frequently lately.  

Dr. Pezus

for the first time in like ever I've been logging into Netflix and feeling like I have nothing to watch.

they aren't releasing as much content.  much of it just isn't what I want (sexy beasts lol).   ...and some things are just really hard to even start when it's obvious from just watching the trailer that Netflix is going to cancel the show.

I still have a backlog to watch but most nights I spend more time sifting through the list than watching something.
I've been feeling the same for a while now, with the occasional show dropping now and again

kitler53

lately I've been watching Disney plus.  I'm watching a mix of the old and new DuckTales.  

it's good.  it's light.  right now that's what I want.  far too much of Netflix content is too serious and stressful.   that can be good and interesting but it's Soo hard to relax watching Netflix content.  

with friends, the office, parks and rec and a few others being such a big part of their steaming I can't for the life of me figure out why they aren't making any sit coms. 

Legend

SWORDF1SH

BananaKing

lately I've been watching Disney plus.  I'm watching a mix of the old and new DuckTales.  

it's good.  it's light.  right now that's what I want.  far too much of Netflix content is too serious and stressful.   that can be good and interesting but it's Soo hard to relax watching Netflix content.  

with friends, the office, parks and rec and a few others being such a big part of their steaming I can't for the life of me figure out why they aren't making any sit coms.
They made some sit coms but they suck dog.

The issue is there are some underrated sit comes that they could get for cheap that could fill that hole. They could also add more classics like fraser, malcom on the middle, Seinfeld, futurama, 30 rock, and according to Jim.

kitler53

They made some sit coms but they suck dog.

The issue is there are some underrated sit comes that they could get for cheap that could fill that hole. They could also add more classics like fraser, malcom on the middle, Seinfeld, futurama, 30 rock, and according to Jim.
they had disjointed and they cancelled it.  it was good.  

the-pi-guy

TV bug:
I am currently having an issue with my X90J.

Changing the volume doesn't do anything unless I power down the TV.

:(

Legend

TV bug:
I am currently having an issue with my X90J.

Changing the volume doesn't do anything unless I power down the TV.

:(
Like it shows the volume changing on screen but the sound doesn't change?

the-pi-guy

Like it shows the volume changing on screen but the sound doesn't change?
Yep.  
Even after turning it off and on, it still has the bug.

Go Up