Insider batting averages!

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2015, 08:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Massive leak says PS5 is better than the Xbox Series X in almost every way - BGR

Me:

Image result for when did this happen gif
Lol I was thinking about this thread earlier, was hilarious to check the OP and see that everything Legend tracked for Tidux turned out to be wrong.

This thread also reminded me that Zhuge posted here for a bit, and he's really blown up since then. Man, this forum could have been so much bigger :(

Legend

Lol I was thinking about this thread earlier, was hilarious to check the OP and see that everything Legend tracked for Tidux turned out to be wrong.

This thread also reminded me that Zhuge posted here for a bit, and he's really blown up since then. Man, this forum could have been so much bigger :(
We were definitely held back by an identity crises of sorts. If we just followed the ResetEra approach and were an unapologetic reboot of the chertz we could have really grown. Right now we're closer to our PM hangout days than an actual forum but I think it will all work out eventually.

Maybe with next gen we should reboot this thread. If people post archives of the rumors and our interpretations of what they mean, I can add them to the OP.

the-pi-guy

Klee claims PS5 and Xbox Series X are virtually the same, or within 30% of eachother if one wants to be looser.  

Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT7| - nm | ResetEra

399$ is not happening.
 Slight chance of
 449$ 500 GB or
 500$ 1TB  
DuskGolem claims there are two Silent Hill games in the works

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1238243234234523648

Saving the text here for later
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>25m<br>Replying to <br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>Still, it&#39;s not 100% confidence. A grain of salt should be taken, however I do have firm reasons to believe this and actually solid sources. I don&#39;t want to reveal these sources, but let&#39;s just say one of them I trust heavily that confirmed some of this to me some time ago, and<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>24m<br>a more recent source was 100% accurate on Death Stranding stuff privately months ahead of time. I won&#39;t get any deeper than that though.<br><br>So originally two years ago or so, probably a little less, I got confirmation from a few people I know that Konami was reaching out to various<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>23m<br>developers to fund two Silent Hill games, one a soft reboot, one an episodic title. I won&#39;t name the other studio I know was contacted, but I do know from an outside source that Supermassive Games, the developers behind Until Dawn, were one of the contacted developers. They both<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>21m<br>ultimately did not get the job, and I didn&#39;t know who did for a while longer.<br><br>The next weird thing I heard which got a raised eyebrow from me is I had heard Sony was meditating Konami and Kojima. This later also got mentioned by Eurogamer, so I believed it was true, but I was<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>20m<br>confused why Sony would even be going through the process of trying to mend things between Konami and Kojima. Like, why?<br><br>Anyways, as time went on I heard from someone I really, really trust that a new Silent Hill game started development in 2019, &amp; that Masahiro Ito was working<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>19m<br>on the title. I didn&#39;t know much else then, and I decided when mentioning other things to just publicly express what I had heard a year or two back about Konami looking to fund two Silent Hill games.<br><br>More recently, I started hearing more in the grapevine but couldn&#39;t confirm it.<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>18m<br>For the record, I do not have sources personally at Konami or anything. The only reason I knew about this originally is I knew some people at some contact companies. So when I started hearing weird Grapevine rumors about Silent Hill and Sony&#39;s Japan Studio being involved somehow,<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>17m<br>I couldn&#39;t really confirm or deny them. However, very recently I began to hear more, and got something far more concrete, and also talked with someone who was able to provide receipts and had some compelling evidence. There&#39;s a few things that also may or may not confirm sooner<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>15m<br>if this is all true, Sony worked something out with Konami, and the rights to the two titles were given to Sony. That sounds unbelievable because most often they don&#39;t fund outside properties they don&#39;t own, technically they have before, such as Spider-Man, but it&#39;s still rare &amp;<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>14m<br>sounded unlikely to me. I also can confirm RIGHT NOW Sony didn&#39;t buy the IP, because something else I know is Konami is currently shopping around for other Silent Hill media stuff. I even heard for the Kojima game, which isn&#39;t a thing yet but is in the talks, that Sony &amp; Konami<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>12m<br>are talking about splitting the bill to help fund the game for the record, which does directly imply that Sony doesn&#39;t own the IP. But apparently there&#39;s something involved for all parties to make this potentially happen, I&#39;m sure exclusivity is part of it but I&#39;m not clear on<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>·<br>11m<br>the full details just to lay that out openly. Again, the Kojima thing is in the talks, it&#39;s not in development yet so I want to talk less about that as it&#39;s still an ambiguous thing. The soft reboot thing I have heard more directly about, &amp; I&#39;ve heard this has been a sorta&#39; open<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>·<br>9m<br>secret in the Japanese game development scene for a bit now. I hear there&#39;s a couple studios behind it, but I don&#39;t know the full details, except I have heard more 100% that this is a thing from someone I trusted again, and heard more recently not 100%, but I do believe it, that<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>·<br>7m<br>Toyama and Akira were both working on the game along, and Ito I heard more concretely was working on it.<br><br>Now, even though I have more receipts for this than I&#39;m sharing right now, I&#39;m still not 100% sold. It almost sounds too &quot;dreamy&quot; to me, like an ideal situation. I will say<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>·<br>6m<br>this though, the receipts and the history are mighty convincing. There&#39;s things I talked with other people which reflect things I know for a fact, and the source that originally this came from, both who I first heard about this from and who I secondly heard about this from, are<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>·<br>5m<br>both quite refutable here. I&#39;m being kinda&#39; a mouth piece to not get others in trouble here if I&#39;ll be honest, and it&#39;s for things I can&#39;t 100% validate myself unlike some things I know about other horror franchises. Still, I have a strong belief this all may be true, over the<br>AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem<br>&#64;AestheticGamer1<br>·<br>3m<br>last few weeks I&#39;ve gotten more and more evidence on this, and so I&#39;ll just share where I&#39;m at.<br><br>I believe it&#39;s true, I have gathered evidence it&#39;s true, there&#39;s aspects of this I know are true (such as a new Silent Hill having started a year ago and Ito working on it)

Legend

Klee claims PS5 and Xbox Series X are virtually the same, or within 30% of eachother if one wants to be looser.  

DuskGolem claims there are two Silent Hill games in the works

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1238243234234523648

Saving the text here for later
Spoiler for Hidden:

AestheticGamer aka Dusk Golem
·
25m
Replying to
@AestheticGamer1
Still, it's not 100% confidence. A grain of salt should be taken, however I do have firm reasons to believe this and actually solid sources. I don't want to reveal these sources, but let's just say one of them I trust heavily that confirmed some of this to me some time ago, and
·
24m
a more recent source was 100% accurate on Death Stranding stuff privately months ahead of time. I won't get any deeper than that though.

So originally two years ago or so, probably a little less, I got confirmation from a few people I know that Konami was reaching out to various
·
23m
developers to fund two Silent Hill games, one a soft reboot, one an episodic title. I won't name the other studio I know was contacted, but I do know from an outside source that Supermassive Games, the developers behind Until Dawn, were one of the contacted developers. They both
·
21m
ultimately did not get the job, and I didn't know who did for a while longer.

The next weird thing I heard which got a raised eyebrow from me is I had heard Sony was meditating Konami and Kojima. This later also got mentioned by Eurogamer, so I believed it was true, but I was
·
20m
confused why Sony would even be going through the process of trying to mend things between Konami and Kojima. Like, why?

Anyways, as time went on I heard from someone I really, really trust that a new Silent Hill game started development in 2019, & that Masahiro Ito was working
·
19m
on the title. I didn't know much else then, and I decided when mentioning other things to just publicly express what I had heard a year or two back about Konami looking to fund two Silent Hill games.

More recently, I started hearing more in the grapevine but couldn't confirm it.
·
18m
For the record, I do not have sources personally at Konami or anything. The only reason I knew about this originally is I knew some people at some contact companies. So when I started hearing weird Grapevine rumors about Silent Hill and Sony's Japan Studio being involved somehow,
·
17m
I couldn't really confirm or deny them. However, very recently I began to hear more, and got something far more concrete, and also talked with someone who was able to provide receipts and had some compelling evidence. There's a few things that also may or may not confirm sooner
·
15m
if this is all true, Sony worked something out with Konami, and the rights to the two titles were given to Sony. That sounds unbelievable because most often they don't fund outside properties they don't own, technically they have before, such as Spider-Man, but it's still rare &
·
14m
sounded unlikely to me. I also can confirm RIGHT NOW Sony didn't buy the IP, because something else I know is Konami is currently shopping around for other Silent Hill media stuff. I even heard for the Kojima game, which isn't a thing yet but is in the talks, that Sony & Konami
·
12m
are talking about splitting the bill to help fund the game for the record, which does directly imply that Sony doesn't own the IP. But apparently there's something involved for all parties to make this potentially happen, I'm sure exclusivity is part of it but I'm not clear on
·
11m
the full details just to lay that out openly. Again, the Kojima thing is in the talks, it's not in development yet so I want to talk less about that as it's still an ambiguous thing. The soft reboot thing I have heard more directly about, & I've heard this has been a sorta' open
@AestheticGamer1
·
9m
secret in the Japanese game development scene for a bit now. I hear there's a couple studios behind it, but I don't know the full details, except I have heard more 100% that this is a thing from someone I trusted again, and heard more recently not 100%, but I do believe it, that
@AestheticGamer1
·
7m
Toyama and Akira were both working on the game along, and Ito I heard more concretely was working on it.

Now, even though I have more receipts for this than I'm sharing right now, I'm still not 100% sold. It almost sounds too "dreamy" to me, like an ideal situation. I will say
@AestheticGamer1
·
6m
this though, the receipts and the history are mighty convincing. There's things I talked with other people which reflect things I know for a fact, and the source that originally this came from, both who I first heard about this from and who I secondly heard about this from, are
@AestheticGamer1
·
5m
both quite refutable here. I'm being kinda' a mouth piece to not get others in trouble here if I'll be honest, and it's for things I can't 100% validate myself unlike some things I know about other horror franchises. Still, I have a strong belief this all may be true, over the
@AestheticGamer1
·
3m
last few weeks I've gotten more and more evidence on this, and so I'll just share where I'm at.

I believe it's true, I have gathered evidence it's true, there's aspects of this I know are true (such as a new Silent Hill having started a year ago and Ito working on it)

Added to the op, thank you!

the-pi-guy

Klee was right about both being over 10.
Right about them being within 30%.
Arguably right about them being very close.  
Wrong about PS5 being ahead.

Legend

Klee was right about both being over 10.
Right about them being within 30%.
Arguably right about them being very close.  
Wrong about PS5 being ahead.
I didn't see those other 3 claims in your post. Would you like me to add them to the OP?

the-pi-guy

I didn't see those other 3 claims in your post. Would you like me to add them to the OP?
I was just looking at some of his other claims.
Totally up to you if you want to add them.

Greater than 10.0 TF:

He doesn't sound very confident here, but he says he has heard PS5 is slightly ahead:
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT6| - Mostly Fan Noise and Hot Air | ResetEra

This was the other two claims:
He says no when asked if they are 30% a part. 
And then he follows up with saying that they are virtually identical. 
https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-and-next-xbox-speculation-launch-thread-ot7-nm.148625/page-127#post-26611152

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I was just looking at some of his other claims.
Totally up to you if you want to add them.

Greater than 10.0 TF:

He doesn't sound very confident here, but he says he has heard PS5 is slightly ahead:
Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT6| - Mostly Fan Noise and Hot Air | ResetEra

This was the other two claims:
He says no when asked if they are 30% a part.  
And then he follows up with saying that they are virtually identical.  
https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-gen-ps5-and-next-xbox-speculation-launch-thread-ot7-nm.148625/page-127#post-26611152
I guess we'll find out when they both come out.  It's interesting that Cerny felt the clock speed idea was the way to go.  I would assume the power draw solution was to keep thermals in place.  
Did any "insider" say anything about the PS5's cooling solution?  They may have been right.

Legend

Tidux was kind of almost right!  

I see you removed him from the OP.  
I don't remember removing him...

the-pi-guy

Legend

Jeff Grubb says that Mass Effect collection is coming in the next year.  

EA remains focused on live services with 14 new games this year | VentureBeat

and suggests June 4th for PS5 reveal event
Added to op.

Realized an extra list tag had deleted the majority of it, hence no tidux. Used a backup to restore it.

the-pi-guy

Aug 29, 2020, 01:16 AM Last Edit: Aug 29, 2020, 03:42 AM by Legend
]Dusk Golem: "PS5 Event first half of September; Silent Hill is still in dev.; Monster Hunter Switch to be revealed soon" and more Rumor | ResetEra

Legend

That all seems to be expected, but let's see if he's right.

the-pi-guy

That all seems to be expected, but let's see if he's right.
I've been thinking if there wasn't anything in August, first 3 weeks of September had to have something.

Go Up