PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

I'd love to see Sony make a game with:
1.) Character creator
2.) Meaningful character classes (become an archer, a mage, a swordsman)
2a.) Doesn't lock you out of anything. Mastering everything is possible.
2b.) Mastering everything takes time, and makes the choice somewhat meaningful.
3.) Large open world with free traversal.
4.) "Meaningful" NPCs. Aside from bandits that spawn indefinitely, NPCs should have names, dialogue, and usually have a quest to offer. No "Nora Brave"

the-pi-guy

I don't know where to put this.

Legend

I don't know where to put this.

Odd

the-pi-guy

Mar 11, 2023, 09:11 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2023, 09:12 PM by the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

The Last Of Us Online is their next one game to be released, lots of info "coming later in the year"
- Naughty Dog has restructured to be able to develop multiple games at the same time (be it new IPs, sequels or both).
- The studio now has a large team of producers, game directors and writers that allow them to be more organized.
- The next big thing after TLOU Online is already into development and although he acknowledges the fans request for a TLOU Part 3, the next project has already been chosen and it's something that the whole studio chose because it's something that will keep everyone excited for years to come.
- TLOU Online is the first TLOU project that he was "just" producing/overseeing", as he wasn't its main director or writer
https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-druckmann-next-big-naughty-dog-game-being-worked-on-%E2%80%93-were-already-into-our-next-project-%E2%80%93-we-picked-the-thing-we-were-most-excited-for.696571/

kitler53

The Last Of Us Online is their next one game to be released, lots of info "coming later in the year"
- Naughty Dog has restructured to be able to develop multiple games at the same time (be it new IPs, sequels or both).
- The studio now has a large team of producers, game directors and writers that allow them to be more organized.
- The next big thing after TLOU Online is already into development and although he acknowledges the fans request for a TLOU Part 3, the next project has already been chosen and it's something that the whole studio chose because it's something that will keep everyone excited for years to come.
- TLOU Online is the first TLOU project that he was "just" producing/overseeing", as he wasn't its main director or writer
https://www.resetera.com/threads/neil-druckmann-next-big-naughty-dog-game-being-worked-on-%E2%80%93-were-already-into-our-next-project-%E2%80%93-we-picked-the-thing-we-were-most-excited-for.696571/
i hope that strongly implies new IP.   I can't imagine they'd go back to uncharted or jak and daxter so if it ain't TLoU 3 then it's gotta be a new IP right?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

I really hope its a new IP. I hope its not a licenced game, but I doubt ND would wanna do somebody else's IP.

We been hearing rumors that uncharted is being worked on but by somebody else, right? I really doubt they would make a jak and daxter game, I bet the majority of the people at the studio didn't even work on those games

the-pi-guy

Mar 14, 2023, 01:22 PM Last Edit: Mar 14, 2023, 01:24 PM by the-pi-guy

Didn't realize they helped with Infamous. (Also glad to see infamous shout out)

the-pi-guy

Legend

Sony to partner with Mountaintop Games?

Weird reddit post.
What did it say? The reddit backup I tried didn't have it.

the-pi-guy

What did it say? The reddit backup I tried didn't have it.
Weird, it was up for a while.

It was something about having a friend at Mountaintop Games, and that there was a rumor going around the studio that Sony was interested in partnering with them on their PvP FPS title.

the-pi-guy

I feel like this is a weird collection of dev studios.  

Haven is on there.

But some other PS studios that are using Unreal are not.  

nnodley

I feel like this is a weird collection of dev studios.  

Haven is on there.

But some other PS studios that are using Unreal are not.  
Probably because maybe they are still using Unreal 4 and haven't made the switch to UE5. Especially because some studios make heavy modifications to the unreal source for their needs so its still unreal but not the new stuff yet.

Horizon

Mar 24, 2023, 08:50 AM Last Edit: Mar 24, 2023, 09:25 AM by Horizon
Based on the sales from the UK,France and Japan I think we can workout where GT7 and Horizon sales are relative to God of War:

God of War sold 1.08 million by the end of 2022 from these 3 countries. GT7 had sold sold 1.06 million and Horizon 1.1 million. I think Horizon and GT7 must be around 8-9 million right now. I am expecting God of War to have put some insane numbers in the US.

I also find it interesting how the UK put the biggest numbers up despite being the same size as France.

Numbers:

FranceUKJapan
Horizon354 404530000222000
GT7353 771356000354000
God of War368 72667000050000

I'm betting Insomniac announces another game before Bend does.
only one?
You guys were right :D

the-pi-guy

Insomniac is pretty insane.

Some of Sony's other studios seem to have put in quite a bit of work to have better output, and I'm hopeful that it ends up being fruitful.  

Naughty Dog seems to have a small army of producers to work on different titles.
Guerrilla has expanded quite a bit to work on single player and multiplayer titles.
Firesprite seems to be working on a large number of titles.
Bungie is massive and seems to be working on quite a few things.
Santa Monica too.

I think in a lot of respects this generation has been better first party wise than last gen.
Last gen it was basically Driveclub, Knack, Killzone SF, inFamous, The Order, Tearaway, Bloodborne. Personally my favorite game ever with lots of mid tier titles.
This gen so far we've had Demon's Souls, Returnal, Spider-man, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and some more.

I feel like this gen has been more consistently good, whereas last gen had the highest highs and the lowest lows.  Hard to compare, since Bloodborne is my favorite title ever.
But I'm hopeful the second half continues to be great.

Go Up