PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Happy to see this forum is still active. I haven't really been following video game news lately because it just gets boring seeing the same people arguing about stupid shame lol.

My last post in N4G was over 80 days ago...Nowadays I just visit the first page of Neogaf for 10-15 minutes and sometimes the gaming section of reddit.

haven't been on PSN in a really long time as well, but I'm getting a new desk in my room next week and I'll be hooking up my PS3 in my room so I'll be playing a lot more. Plus now I have a job which means I have money so I'll be able to play some well received games I missed out on because I never had any money. Really want to try out Red Dead Redemption, but I kind of want it to go on sale for 5$ again like it did a little while back. Seems weird having to pay 20$ for a 5 year old game =/

its worth every penny

BananaKing

man is battlefront gonna be big. the reveal trailer has 17.5 million views on youtube.. holy shame. for comparison the CoD:BO3 trailer has 13 million. Halo 5 spartan locke has 7.6 million views and Uncharted 4's E3 trailer has 7.7 million.

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

Just finished "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD" and now to play Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD.

darkknightkryta

Just finished "Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD" and now to play Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD.

Where do you find the drive to play games woman?

Dr. Pezus

BasilZero

Where do you find the drive to play games woman?

By not visiting bad forums that have idiots arguing about numbers and sales data (cough vgchartz).

But other than that , I haz funz - y u no have funz ;(?

i.e. The same reason why people on GAF are buying FFX/X-2 HD remaster AGAIN on PS4 because they want to ;p

BasilZero

And ancient games at that

How is it ancient when it came out in 2013 o.O?

Your definition of "Ancient" is quite strange young padawan ;o - I aint playin Atari games fella ;p

Dr. Pezus

How is it ancient when it came out in 2013 o.O?

Your definition of "Ancient" is quite strange young padawan ;o - I aint playin Atari games fella ;p
Yeah, remake of an ancient game then lol

Aura7541

I'm close to finishing KHII FM HD and planning to start BBS, right after. I found KHII FM to be harder than vanilla KHII and died a lot more.

BasilZero

Yeah, remake of an ancient game then lol

A game from 2002 does not make it ancient. Was your first game system a PS2? o.O

I'm close to finishing KHII FM HD and planning to start BBS, right after. I found KHII FM to be harder than vanilla KHII and died a lot more.

I can imagine - all sorts of crazy stuff happens in battles lol. I've been playing Proud mode for all the games I've played so far (KH1 and KHRECOM so far) and I plan to do the same for the rest.

You will love BBS! Its awesome!

I played the PSP version few years ago and always wanted a HD remake of it and am glad that they made it!

Playing Re:Chain of Memories HD right now! Wish 358/2 Days was a game and not a movie - I actually enjoyed 358/2 Days as a game more than COM lol.

darkknightkryta

A game from 2002 does not make it ancient. Was your first game system a PS2? o.O

Get with the times Basil, that's PS2, we're on PS4.

Aura7541

I can imagine - all sorts of crazy stuff happens in battles lol. I've been playing Proud mode for all the games I've played so far (KH1 and KHRECOM so far) and I plan to do the same for the rest.

You will love BBS! Its awesome!

I played the PSP version few years ago and always wanted a HD remake of it and am glad that they made it!

Playing Re:Chain of Memories HD right now! Wish 358/2 Days was a game and not a movie - I actually enjoyed 358/2 Days as a game more than COM lol.

The thing with these HD remaster collections is that the Final Mix versions are remastered. Those versions never left Japan during the PS2 days, so everyone else was bereft of the extra abilities, enemies, cutscenes, etc. So for me, personally, KHII feels new due to all the extras I could not access 10+ years ago.

Before I began playing KHII FM HD, the last time I played KHII was 7 years ago. When I was younger, I tend to button-mash my way through and vanilla KHII was pretty forgiving even on Proud mode. However, I got my dog kicked in KHII FM quite a bit despite being more strategic. Part of the reason is that the order of the bonus abilities have been changed. It's pretty interesting looking back at my past.

I, too, wished that 358/2 Days was remastered into a game. The movie didn't do much justice because it only remastered the CGI cutscenes and a lot of important scenes were missing.

BasilZero

Get with the times Basil, that's PS2, we're on PS4.

You gaming amateur women ;(

The thing with these HD remaster collections is that the Final Mix versions are remastered. Those versions never left Japan during the PS2 days, so everyone else was bereft of the extra abilities, enemies, cutscenes, etc. So for me, personally, KHII feels new due to all the extras I could not access 10+ years ago.

Before I began playing KHII FM HD, the last time I played KHII was 7 years ago. When I was younger, I tend to button-mash my way through and vanilla KHII was pretty forgiving even on Proud mode. However, I got my dog kicked in KHII FM quite a bit despite being more strategic. Part of the reason is that the order of the bonus abilities have been changed. It's pretty interesting looking back at my past.

I, too, wished that 358/2 Days was remastered into a game. The movie didn't do much justice because it only remastered the CGI cutscenes and a lot of important scenes were missing.

Thats good to hear it feels and plays differently - KHII was my most fav in the entire series until BBS came out of course.

I played KH1 on PS2 at least 3 times
I played KH2 on PS2 at least 3 times

^ both from marathons

I played KH Chain of Memories on GBA and Re:COM on PS2 when it first came out. Played BBS when it first came out.

I loved 358/2 days but hated Re:Coded - I am glad Re:Coded is a movie but 358/2 days should of been a game :(! lol

Oh I have 3D on 3DS as well but havent touched it yet - I plan to do so!

The KH series has to be one of my most favorite series ever!

Riderz1337

Happy to see you too.

Yeah. Staying interested in games can be hard when there's stuff stopping you from playing. Congrats on the job! Money changes everything. You can actually get games you want haha. Do you have a ps4?

Will you respond within a month? ;)

Nope, no PS4 yet. The only thing that was going to make me buy one was Uncharted 4 and now that's been pushed back to 2016. There's really no other game that will force me to get a PS4 so I'll most likely have a PS4 by the time Uncharted 4 releases. Plus by then most of the games that have been released will be discounted so that will be nice.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Go Up