AI General Thread

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2022, 04:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Sep 20, 2023, 05:51 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2023, 06:00 PM by Legend
Text 2 video is getting pretty decent. It takes a lot of memory since all frames are handled simultaneously but you can get high resolution high quality results now.

new_1.gif

Major problem though is a lack of control. Essentially your prompt is turned into an image and then that image is turned into an animated gif. Making a gif of specific motion or camera movement is nearly impossible.

I'm just glad the stupid phase of putting filters on video is hopefully behind us. For many months the community has been more focused on just taking videos of girls dancing and trying to turn them into anime. Like Reddit - Dive into anything

Also Dalle 3 just announced while I was writing this!

kitler53

i assume this is being put to great use,...  making bad stuff gifs of
Spoiler for Hidden:
underaged
celebrities.    rule 34 i believe.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

i assume this is being put to great use,...  making bad stuff gifs of
Spoiler for Hidden:
underaged
celebrities.    rule 34 i believe.
That's a sickening thought so hopefully not.

New Dalle 3 refuses to copy art styles from living artists but content regulation like that is often not that effective. I don't know what the best solution is.

kitler53

Sep 20, 2023, 07:51 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2023, 08:03 PM by kitler53
Closing The Door Close GIF - Closing The Door Close Door GIFs

That's a sickening thought so hopefully not.

New Dalle 3 refuses to copy art styles from living artists but content regulation like that is often not that effective. I don't know what the best solution is.
sure,... but almost certainly a true thought.    the right solution is not to stop making advancements but with any advancement some time should be dedicated to thinking about how it will be put to use in a nefarious manner and then to "do something" about that.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Reddit - Dive into anything

It's pretty funny how the creator couldn't control how things were animated. The woman just floats mid air with her parachute. Also funny how every shot needs to be super short since longer animations don't work well atm.

Legend

Will be interesting to see if this ends up being a big player. Reminds me a lot of early OpenAI (I was really dismissive of early OpenAI lol).

I'm shocked at how bad progress has been with language models. It feels like most teams are focused on premature optimization instead of transformative changes. LLMs need dynamic memory and dynamic processing if they're ever going to do anything truly useful. For example it's silly that current models produce better results if you ask them to show their work. The exact same amount of processing goes into every "word" so they have to be wordy to think more.

I think a good test would be building a LLM that replicates a calculator. If a LLM can handle that, then the same setup should theoretically be able to handle everything.

BananaKing

Is there an AI that helps with researching and searching things online that is actually really good?

Chat GPT is limited to data before 2021 and thus is outdated. Plus doesnt give any links/sources

Legend

Is there an AI that helps with researching and searching things online that is actually really good?

Chat GPT is limited to data before 2021 and thus is outdated. Plus doesnt give any links/sources
Bing does that, or at least tries to. It's gpt 4 and connected to the internet.

Think you have to use edge though.

BananaKing

Bing does that, or at least tries to. It's gpt 4 and connected to the internet.

Think you have to use edge though.
Edge.... ugh... really?...

Is it any good?

the-pi-guy

Edge.... ugh... really?...

Is it any good?
Currently edge is a retooled version of chromium/Google Chrome.

I think it's great.

the-pi-guy

Chess YouTuber played chess against chat gpt 4

it played a lot better than chat gpt 3. And I think only made 2 illegal moves. Used to be a lot worse.

Legend

Pretty impressive from gpt 4. Would be cool to try a custom version of chess with a smaller board or something to see how much it's acting as a database of theory vs having its own reasoning skills.

GPT4 has enough memory that it should have access to the whole game just fine, so I think its degradation was mostly from it shifting from the former to the later.

Legend

Google genesis is cool but they are way too strict on these models. It sounds so robotic with its writing.

And I laughed out loud when its copy of the image popped up.

Legend

I tried Bard for the first time. It sure is stupid.

Way overfitted on trying to be safe. "I did not mention or reveal the safety guidelines" sure bud.

I wonder if these safety guidelines are just something it hallucinated or if they're similar to something Google used in training.

Go Up