The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Pico Neo 2 And Its Eye Tracking Variant Now Available Worldwide - UploadVR

Pico Neo:
$900 unit:
-eye tracking
-wireless
-standalone
-inside out

I think we can expect something with these kinds of specs for PSVR2.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

Have you tried out Elite: Dangerous in VR?
Only a little bit. It was let impressive than I was expecting since everything was just flat and super far away. Would like to try it out on a planet though. Flying through a canyon would probably be incredible.

the-pi-guy

Only a little bit. It was let impressive than I was expecting since everything was just flat and super far away. Would like to try it out on a planet though. Flying through a canyon would probably be incredible.
Flat?  I thought it was pretty good. 

Although, I experienced a weird thing with one of the games where I didn't like it because it felt like I was just playing a game on a flat screen. 

Weirdly didn't feel that way a year later. 

I wonder if it's just didn't mesh with you, where better hardware/software might. 

Or if your expectations are off. 

Legend

Flat?  I thought it was pretty good.  

Although, I experienced a weird thing with one of the games where I didn't like it because it felt like I was just playing a game on a flat screen.  

Weirdly didn't feel that way a year later.  

I wonder if it's just didn't mesh with you, where better hardware/software might.  

Or if your expectations are off.  
I just mean the stars and planets outside the cockpit are literally millions of miles away. There is no stereo separation.

the-pi-guy

I just mean the stars and planets outside the cockpit are literally millions of miles away. There is no stereo separation.
Well you gotta get closer!   ;D

the-pi-guy

https://www.roadtovr.com/steam-survey-vr-headset-growth-august-2020/

The VR surge following Half Life Alyx hasn't diminished.  People are using VR as much then as they are now.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Go Up