Insider batting averages!

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2015, 08:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Yeah I failed with this thread as of late.

Cities Skylines 2 was leaked the other day so whoever leaked that is also legit.
Honestly I feel like there are fewer leaks overall.  
And even the ones that do happen, feel meh.  like this recently.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Tom Henderson/Insider Gaming

Last year they posted a new PS5 model was coming around September 2023. That date sure seems to be accurate, but their whole post is about the new system having a detachable disc drive that is connected to the back of the system through USB C.

Now they're claiming that their report has been confirmed despite the new SKU not lining up with their details. "Back then, we also reported that the PlayStation 5 revisiion will not be a PS5 Slim" they proudly claim, yet their first report said "the new detachable disc drive could entail that the new iteration of the PlayStation 5 will be slimmer and lighter." They would have declared themselves winners regardless of what eventually happened.

They're also switching their story to say that the PS5 pops in half and the disc drive attaches directly to it, yet obviously that is not what they first reported. So many people have talked about detachable PS5 disc drives so just getting that main concept potentially right isn't worth much.

the-pi-guy

I guess we have different interpretations of what the reporting was.  :o

Like the part where the drive plugs in, in the back. Where is the back? Most people seem to have assumed it was talking about the external back. But I thought it made more sense for it to be talking about an internal back. Remove the face plate and it plugs into the back. Since that would match better with the idea of the drive not looking internal.

I don't get the impression that he actually saw the device, but that it got described to him.

Legend

I guess we have different interpretations of what the reporting was.  :o

Like the part where the drive plugs in, in the back. Where is the back? Most people seem to have assumed it was talking about the external back. But I thought it made more sense for it to be talking about an internal back. Remove the face plate and it plugs into the back. Since that would match better with the idea of the drive not looking internal.

I don't get the impression that he actually saw the device, but that it got described to him.
Court Documents Say a New PlayStation 5 Slim is Releasing This Year - Insider Gaming

They report they saw a prototype that was just two black boxes connected by usb c. Why couldn't they just report that in their first article instead of trying to act like they know more?

the-pi-guy

The Snitch seems to be suggesting that there's God of War DLC

4-12-3 => DLC apparently.

the-pi-guy

https://new.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/wiki/index/

This subreddit has a list of insiders/sources graded by how reliable they are.

But there aren't many.

Go Up