What Countries Have You Visited?

Started by Xevross, Feb 07, 2019, 08:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

I was reading the Era thread about passport ownership and I was shocked about so many americans never leaving their own country. It got me thinking about how many countries I'd been to, and all the different cultures I've experienced. I feel like experiencing different peoples and cultures is so important in developing your understanding for the world and your empathy for the rest of humanity.

Anyways, here's the countries I've visited:

UK - obviously I like in England but I've been to Scotland and Wales a couple of times each. Both very nice places with good countryside.
Spain - my Dad's wife is Spanish and lives in Madrid, I've been to Spain more than 10 times due to this. I love Spain. Its also interesting how different Madrid, the north coast and the south coast are. I've also been to Ibiza twice, Mallorca once and Tenerife once.
France - I've been 5 times. 3 times to Disneyland, once to Paris and once on a day trip to Chamonix. I do really like Paris though.
Denmark - I went on a short holiday to Copenhagen, which is a wonderful city. I love the Danish way of life, its so relaxing.
Sweden - One day on the Copenhagen trip we took the train to Malmo. I also had a short holiday to Stockholm. Very similar to Copenhagen in terms of culture and way of life, although Stockholm is an absolutely beautiful city with so, so much to do for its size.
Norway - I went on a day trip to Oslo once, funny story. Quite a nice city, very cold!
Switzerland - I went on a school trip to Geneva, where we went to CERN and had day trips to Chamonix and Bern. Really great place, amazing chocolate too.
Italy - I've been to Rome on a school trip. The sights like the colosseum are fantastic, and Italians are hilarious people.
USA - I've only ever been to Florida which is something I want to fix, although I have been 3 times. I like American people, and American breakfast.
Turkey - One of my best holidays was to Turkey, where we stayed in a 5* hotel for two weeks and had a planned holiday of lots of awesome day trips like going to historic Turkish Baths and boat rides though caves.
Portugal - I've been to Portugal twice, once with family and once with friends. Its very similar to Spain, but the people are quite different.

So I've been to 11 different countries, 13 if you count Scotland and Wales (which are technically different countries) and 16 if you count the different Spanish islands. I've been abroad about 25 times in my 20 years of life, and for that I'm very grateful. I hope I get to continue going to new countries. Canada, Iceland, Japan, Germany, Greece and more of USA are definitely on my list of places to go.

So what about you guys, where have you been and where do you want to go in the future?

the-pi-guy

Feb 07, 2019, 09:07 PM Last Edit: Feb 07, 2019, 09:50 PM by the-pi-guy
I've never left the country.  Fun fact, Alaska is further from me, than Turkey is from you. 

As an American it pretty much makes more sense to name the states.

I've stayed in Alaska, Alabama, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan and Maryland.

It costs like $500 to fly to the UK. 

Places I plan to go:

-Japan
-UK
-Norway
-Germany
-Ireland
-Iceland
-Canada

Xevross

I've never left the country.  Fun fact, Alaska is further from me, than Turkey is from you.  

I've stayed in Alaska, Alabama, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan.

Places I plan to go:

-Japan
-UK
-Norway
-Germany
-Ireland
-Iceland
-Canada
We want to go to the same places, lets do it!

the-pi-guy

We want to go to the same places, lets do it!
You want to go to the UK?
:o

Xevross

You want to go to the UK?
:o
Yes!

Well in truth there's still plenty of places in the UK I haven't been to. Northern Ireland, for example.

Legend

I really like traveling. I've been to Colorado, Kansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, DC, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Texas, New Mexico, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arizona, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. Road trips make it really easy to hit a lot of states.

Country wise I've been to Canada, Venezuela, Jamaica, Haiti, Bahamas, UK, France, Spain, Morocco, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Italy, Vatican, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden.

I actually take a little VizionEck cube on most of my travels and take pictures with it.  Here it is with a giant painting.

the-pi-guy

For like half a second I read that as "VizionEck cube on most of my levels".

Xevross

I really like traveling. I've been to Colorado, Kansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, DC, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Texas, New Mexico, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arizona, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii. Road trips make it really easy to hit a lot of states.

Country wise I've been to Canada, Venezuela, Jamaica, Haiti, Bahamas, UK, France, Spain, Morocco, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Italy, Vatican, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden.

I actually take a little VizionEck cube on most of my travels and take pictures with it.  Here it is with a giant painting.

dang son, you're very well travelled! There's some places on that list I'd like to go to.

Dr. Pezus

Feb 08, 2019, 11:43 AM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019, 11:45 AM by Dr. Pezus
I was reading the Era thread about passport ownership and I was shocked about so many americans never leaving their own country. It got me thinking about how many countries I'd been to, and all the different cultures I've experienced. I feel like experiencing different peoples and cultures is so important in developing your understanding for the world and your empathy for the rest of humanity.

Anyways, here's the countries I've visited:

UK - obviously I like in England but I've been to Scotland and Wales a couple of times each. Both very nice places with good countryside.
Spain - my Dad's wife is Spanish and lives in Madrid, I've been to Spain more than 10 times due to this. I love Spain. Its also interesting how different Madrid, the north coast and the south coast are. I've also been to Ibiza twice, Mallorca once and Tenerife once.
France - I've been 5 times. 3 times to Disneyland, once to Paris and once on a day trip to Chamonix. I do really like Paris though.
Denmark - I went on a short holiday to Copenhagen, which is a wonderful city. I love the Danish way of life, its so relaxing.
Sweden - One day on the Copenhagen trip we took the train to Malmo. I also had a short holiday to Stockholm. Very similar to Copenhagen in terms of culture and way of life, although Stockholm is an absolutely beautiful city with so, so much to do for its size.
Norway - I went on a day trip to Oslo once, funny story. Quite a nice city, very cold!
Switzerland - I went on a school trip to Geneva, where we went to CERN and had day trips to Chamonix and Bern. Really great place, amazing chocolate too.
Italy - I've been to Rome on a school trip. The sights like the colosseum are fantastic, and Italians are hilarious people.
USA - I've only ever been to Florida which is something I want to fix, although I have been 3 times. I like American people, and American breakfast.
Turkey - One of my best holidays was to Turkey, where we stayed in a 5* hotel for two weeks and had a planned holiday of lots of awesome day trips like going to historic Turkish Baths and boat rides though caves.
Portugal - I've been to Portugal twice, once with family and once with friends. Its very similar to Spain, but the people are quite different.

So I've been to 11 different countries, 13 if you count Scotland and Wales (which are technically different countries) and 16 if you count the different Spanish islands. I've been abroad about 25 times in my 20 years of life, and for that I'm very grateful. I hope I get to continue going to new countries. Canada, Iceland, Japan, Germany, Greece and more of USA are definitely on my list of places to go.

So what about you guys, where have you been and where do you want to go in the future?
Wow your list is very similar to mine!

I've been to:
Faroe Islands
Denmark
Sweden
France
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Turkey
Morocco
Thailand
Cambodia
US and A finally

I think I'm not forgetting anything. I don't count countries I've visited for a few hours like when I switched planes in Abu Dhabi before going to Thailand

I really like visiting new countries. Planning to go to Croatia this year and I will be going to the USA again in 2 months, albeit to a different city

Xevross

Wow your list is very similar to mine!

I've been to:
Faroe Islands
Denmark
Sweden
France
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Turkey
Morocco
Thailand
Cambodia
US and A finally

I think I'm not forgetting anything. I don't count countries I've visited for a few hours like when I switched planes in Abu Dhabi before going to Thailand

I really like visiting new countries. Planning to go to Croatia this year and I will be going to the USA again in 2 months, albeit to a different city
Croatia is a place I'd like to go, apparently the sea is lovely and warm, and I want to see all the game of thrones filming locations!

Dr. Pezus

Croatia is a place I'd like to go, apparently the sea is lovely and warm, and I want to see all the game of thrones filming locations!
They have very nice beaches and weather, or so I've heard. Would be going there for a relaxing trip. Maybe I would check out some got locations as well.

Xevross

They have very nice beaches and weather, or so I've heard. Would be going there for a relaxing trip. Maybe I would check out some got locations as well.
Yeah the GOT locations are very historic, so it isn't like a studio tour or something where its just about the TV show. A tour around the GOT locations lets you see many of Croatia's top historic landmarks, which is awesome. Couple that with a few days on the beach and that's definitely something I want to do at some point.

Dr. Pezus

I've never left the country.  Fun fact, Alaska is further from me, than Turkey is from you.  

I've stayed in Alaska, Alabama, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan and Maryland.

Places I plan to go:

-Japan
-UK
-Norway
-Germany
-Ireland
-Iceland
-Canada
I paid like $400 for one to and from NYC hmm. Must be cheaper from and to the UK

Xevross

I paid like $400 for one to and from NYC hmm. Must be cheaper from and to the UK
You can get a return to NY for about £230 from Heathrow if you book far enough in advance.

Dr. Pezus

You can get a return to NY for about £230 from Heathrow if you book far enough in advance.
It's all about planning. I didn't even book mine until like a month before (changed from LA)