Death Stranding: bet on the Metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 27, 2019, 04:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Oct 27, 2019, 04:54 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2019, 04:21 PM by the-pi-guy
Death Stranding for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:
98:  Legend
97:   Legend
96:   Nnodley
95:  Pi  Pezus
94:
93:  Xev
92:  Pi   Kitler
91:
90: Legend  Nnodley
89:
88:
87:  Pezus
86:
85: Kitler
84:  Nnodley
83:
82:
81:
80: Pi  Pezus  Xev
79:
78:   Kitler
77:
76:
75:
74:  Xev

Xevross

Xevross

I'm feeling like I wanna be a bit bold with this one, gonna wait to see what a couple other people guess first though ;D

Legend

I have a lot of faith in Kojima. MGSV was amazing.

the-pi-guy

I think the quality of the game will be great, but I'm less certain that the critical reception will match because the game is supposed to be a bit different.

Dr. Pezus

No idea with this

Xevross

Alright then, bold it is.

I know it'll be quite divisive on forums like RDR2 but I'm banking on critics feeling the same way here. It could go any way, I wouldn't be too surprised to see 93+ either.

nnodley

kitler53

no idea, but very interested in knowing.  i've wanted to play a kojima game but didn't want to start mgs in the 4th or 5th entry.  i was hoping this is the game i would play but the videos are just fudgy weird and i really don't know how the game plays.   ...which isn't really any different than mgs.   i'm really glad the review embargo is a week out because that will influence when/if i get this.

anyways, i might as well post something.   i think it will be divisive with lots of really high scores and lots of really low score (and not just the typical troll review or two).

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2019, 04:22 PM Last Edit: Oct 29, 2019, 04:25 PM by the-pi-guy
This is fun. 
It's new and different so it might not score well.
But it's also being done by a very talented team, and was largely backed by Sony, so it might score ridiculously well. 

Or anywhere in between.  A couple days yet.

So someone tweeted this, and then had to delete it.
Tomorrow is in my hands, and it is breathtaking, easily one of the most unique and stunning experiences I've had in all my years of gaming. More thoughts on Death Stranding to come after the November 1st embargo.
Response from Kojima productions:

Legend

I have been avoiding trailers so I really don't know what to expect. MGSV was amazing so if it is anything near that level I'll be happy.

Xevross

Yeah impressions from reviewers are sounding very promising.

Dr. Pezus

My guess is the game is quite different from the videos released lol. Classic Kojima trolling

Legend

My guess is the game is quite different from the videos released lol. Classic Kojima trolling
I wonder if you actually play as the baby...  :o

the-pi-guy

Leaked Score

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>9/10<br>

Go Up