Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The Grey is probably the worst movie I have ever seen as far as presenting wilderness survival in a realistic way. Absolutely horrible movie. Just fyi

Dr. Pezus

I hate how Liam Neeson has been typecast since taken 1

Dr. Pezus

Avengers 2 opens to $201m overseas, way ahead of Avengers 1.

Furious 7 is the third movie to reach $1b overseas (only Titanic and Avatar did it before). Total WW is over $1.32B, fifth of all-time. HP7-2 is next with 1.34B and then Avengers with 1.54B. Can it outdo that?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4057&p=.htm

Legend

Avengers 2 opens to $201m overseas, way ahead of Avengers 1.

Furious 7 is the third movie to reach $1b overseas (only Titanic and Avatar did it before). Total WW is over $1.32B, fifth of all-time. HP7-2 is next with 1.34B and then Avengers with 1.54B. Can it outdo that?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4057&p=.htm

Domestic F7 isn't even in the top 30. It's done in America, but overseas might do another 200 mil total. Aven is 1.52B so yeah I think it'll pass it.

Xevross

Age of Ultron is doing amazingly, can't wait to see opening in China and US

Dr. Pezus

Domestic F7 isn't even in the top 30. It's done in America, but overseas might do another 200 mil total. Aven is 1.52B so yeah I think it'll pass it.
It's a monster in China. By far the highest grossing film there ever. Already at $323m, which is more than in the US, in just two weeks

BananaKing

Johnny Depp actually got a good role??

pirates of the Caribbean? rango? sweeney todd? all amazing movies.

as far as this goes, it looks promising, will watch.

BananaKing

such a shame that a movie like this is making so much money because people act hipster and act like they cared about that actor who passed away, while other movies that are so much better get way way much less money, interstellar for example.

BananaKing

looking back, i still cant understand what happened with avatar, how did it make 2.7 billion? how the hell did it make 700+ million in the USA? this baffles me so much.

Dr. Pezus

pirates of the Caribbean? rango? sweeney todd? all amazing movies.

as far as this goes, it looks promising, will watch.
Yeah and how long since he played in those? I didn't mean JD never gets good roles, just that he hasn't had one in many years now. Playing in crud movies after crud movies.

looking back, i still cant understand what happened with avatar, how did it make 2.7 billion? how the hell did it make 700+ million in the USA? this baffles me so much.
First real 3D movie

Legend

Yeah and how long since he played in those? I didn't mean JD never gets good roles, just that he hasn't had one in many years now. Playing in crud movies after crud movies. First real 3D movie

He's had many great movies, they're just less known.

looking back, i still cant understand what happened with avatar, how did it make 2.7 billion? how the heck did it make 700+ million in the USA? this baffles me so much.

It was an amazing movie to experience. People wanted to see it multiple times in theater quality.

Dr. Pezus

He's had many great movies, they're just less known.
Of course, but that's not what I'm saying. His track record lately is crud. He has been typecast for several years now.

Legend

Of course, but that's not what I'm saying. His track record lately is crud. He has been typecast for several years now.

He's had many great movies "recently," they're just less known. ;)

Dr. Pezus

He's had many great movies "recently," they're just less known. ;)

Yeah if recently is 8-10+ years ago

the-pi-guy

Go Up