Do you like role playing during games, or do you just do what's fun?

Started by Legend, Dec 01, 2021, 10:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

For example in Until Dawn I didn't search for secrets because it didn't fit with the characters.

In Halo every time the Flood showed up I bolted to the exit. In game you can just clear areas but in the story they are an endless wave that can only be slowed. Also in Halo I tried to save every human I could. Nothing is gained but it feels right when playing as John.

the-pi-guy

For example in Until Dawn I didn't search for secrets because it didn't fit with the characters.
I don't do this.
In Halo every time the Flood showed up I bolted to the exit. In game you can just clear areas but in the story they are an endless wave that can only be slowed. Also in Halo I tried to save every human I could. Nothing is gained but it feels right when playing as John.
I usually do this.

BananaKing

I sometimes do that kind of stuff yeah, in ghost of tutshima I didnt like fighting

Spoiler for Hidden:
The straw hats since they are Japanese. But I also rationalised that they are traitors, and thus deserved to  die

I do this to a point, but if the game doesn't support it in any kind of way I usually get bored. Its about attention to detail in dev design to me  

the-pi-guy

Eh actually I don't really roleplay.

I feel like I usually just do what I would do, given the rules of the game. Even if it's not something the character I play as would actually do.

kitler53

i like to be told stories not pretend stories. 

i don't really like 1st person as a genre because i like seeing the character not pretending i am the character.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

i like to be told stories not pretend stories.

i don't really like 1st person as a genre because i like seeing the character not pretending i am the character.  
Even in rpgs? I prefer playing skyrim in 3rd person but it's fun pretending to be the character.

kitler53

Even in rpgs? I prefer playing skyrim in 3rd person but it's fun pretending to be the character.
even in RPGs. 

I hated my time with fallout.  the RPGs I like are things like Valkyrie chronicles. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens