TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
You must have missed that the hats/ clothes they were wearing were constantly scanning the guests to take note of their brain activity at all times. So they can replicate them that way, its not just studying actions, its actual data.

I do agree though that I'm annoyed that was the entire focus of the season. That should have been a side plot, and the real focus should have been on the morals and struggles of AI becoming conscious. It seems that was brushed aside and that's unfortunate. Hopefully that's the focus of future seasons.

My main disappointment is Dolores though, her transition into a pure killing machine just really didn't fit well. I loved her character in season 1 and thought it was awesome that she was learning and becoming conscious and I was rooting for her. In season 2 we just never knew exactly what she was doing. Even now, we don't really know. She just wants to kill all humans, maybe, but why does she need the information from the forge? Is she going to replace a few people and use it to help her get a position of power? I hope she does have some long term plan like this, otherwise I have no idea why they took her character in this direction.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I remember the hat thing but that felt kinda random and out of nowhere. What about people without hats and wouldn&#39;t that be a nightmare for keeping the project a secret? Hats could never leave westworld and all the people putting clothes in the park would need to either be in on it or be confused about why hats need to be processed by a secret team before they could go in the park.<br><br>AI robots were a lot easier for me to just roll with.<br><br>Future seasons will be interesting. Personally I&#39;d kinda like it if westworld was over and the next season was essentially a different show about the robots in the real world. Going back to the park after all of this would just feel odd imo.<br><br>Yeah Delores was hard to read. I liked the moment with her dad that kinda painted her as still being the person she used to.