Pokemon Legends Arceus Announced - Open World Pokemon, Early 2022

Started by Xevross, Feb 26, 2021, 03:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-legends-arceus-announced-early-2022.385400/

the-pi-guy

Finally doing something worthy.    8)

Xevross

They finally put a tweet out:

Xevross

Well its still a year out, hopefully performance will improve and it'll get touched up a bit graphically. Need to see more of the game but this is an awesome change-up for the franchise.

the-pi-guy

This in a lot of ways looks like the dream pokemon game.  

Still could be better, but seems like a huge step up from what theyve done before.

Xevross

This in a lot of ways looks like the dream pokemon game.  

Still could be better, but seems like a huge step up from what theyve done before.
Indeed. Its a good base they've shown but the world seems very empty, we need to see other trainers about, other towns to visit, pretty much all of the game systems.

Right now all we know is:

- there's a starting village which acts as your base
- a visiting professor brings cyndaquil, rowlet and oshawott for you to choose as a starter
- big open world with lots of grassy hills, populated by pokemon wandering around
- you can catch pokemon by throwing pokeballs and you can battle them with traditional turn-based battle system
- general aim is that you're making the first ever pokedex
- there's a mythical pokemon called Arceus involved somehow

kitler53

looks like i posted to the wrong thread so i'll just port it over here.

the open world one looks disappointing to me.   i've always said the jump to open world would be great for the franchise but the world looks desolate and bland and the gameplay looks as boring as ever.   this is definitely going to sell 30 million units...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

It's trying so hard to be a botw clone. Similar music and similar shots even.

Don't think it looks that good. Visually it's far below botw and gameplay wise the trailer didn't tease anything interesting that I noticed. Maybe it's just at a rough state and come release it'll be great.

It feels like someone saw these pics going viral and said why not, without really exploring the possibilities.

Dr. Pezus

This game is begging for a switch Pro. Looks terrible graphically but could be interesting.