PS4 sales at E3? (Predictions)

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 02, 2014, 07:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

7H3

I think it really depends on how much of boost / hype the console gets from Watch_Dogs as well as bundles... If they do some heavy advertising then it could easily get 8.5... I'd say closer to 8 though judging by current trends in the sales.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

nnodley

I think it really depends on how much of boost / hype the console gets from Watch_Dogs as well as bundles... If they do some heavy advertising then it could easily get 8.5... I'd say closer to 8 though judging by current trends in the sales.

I don't know because it's been roughly a million sold per month this year so far.  Even in months I though it would fall.  So it seems hard to figure out what the sales trend will be like.  I do think watch dogs will boost it for may though.  I still am gonna go with ~9 million.

Legend

I don't know because it's been roughly a million sold per month this year so far.  Even in months I though it would fall.  So it seems hard to figure out what the sales trend will be like.  I do think watch dogs will boost it for may though.  I still am gonna go with ~9 million.

I'll side with Papa on this. Summer months are slow.

BananaKing

8.1-8.2 million. mark my words babies!

who da hell edited my post?!

BananaKing

Watch dogs will give it a good boost, but it wont be a huge one. heck TitanFall just boosted XB1 to just jump to 150k or so. Infamous boosted PS4 by 60k to 220k. so one week wont make a big difference for PS4, even if it sold 100k more than the baseline it was at. its selling around 130k, more or less. multiply that number by the number of weesk from april 6th ( sony announced 7m then) to the number of weeks till E3. which are 9 weeks until 8th of jun.  and you get 8.17 million total for PS4.

for it to reach 9 million it needs to average around 220k a week, which is not gonna happen.

Dr. Pezus

Watch dogs will give it a good boost, but it wont be a huge one. heck TitanFall just boosted XB1 to just jump to 150k or so. Infamous boosted PS4 by 60k to 220k. so one week wont make a big difference for PS4, even if it sold 100k more than the baseline it was at. its selling around 130k, more or less. multiply that number by the number of weesk from april 6th ( sony announced 7m then) to the number of weeks till E3. which are 9 weeks until 8th of jun.  and you get 8.17 million total for PS4.

for it to reach 9 million it needs to average around 220k a week, which is not gonna happen.

It's not selling 130k though...have you not noticed the upwards adjustments almost every week? They'll end up too low again, guaranteed

BananaKing

It's not selling 130k though...have you not noticed the upwards adjustments almost every week? They'll end up too low again, guaranteed

its 130k more or so. it might reach 8.3-8.4 million by E3. but i think it will drop in may, until WD releases at the end of it, then WD giving it a nice little bump to make the up the weekly average to 130-140k.

7H3

Hmm I think 8.5 minimum now... if it does really start tracking below 150k/week then it will be less... but Watchdogs could bring a big boost, or just supplies being available in different areas
They'll probably just announce it as "Over 8 million" sold

Dr. Pezus

I stand by my "over 8.5m" or "almost 9m" prediction

7H3

overall will be a good year for ps4 sales it'll be interesting to see how the holiday season shapes up... if PS4 has definitive version of COD again that could be a significant blow to the competition...

ethomaz

8.5 million sold to consumers.

BananaKing

8.5 million sold to consumers.

welcome to the forum, Ethomaz The Legend of the Undertracked!!

i see your predictions are a bit more conservative now :-P

7H3

VizionEck Revealed pre-e3 PS4 sales to explode!

ethomaz

welcome to the forum, Ethomaz The Legend of the Undertracked!!

i see your predictions are a bit more conservative now :-P

That's because I think they are selling ~900k in a 5 weeks month but in a 4 weeks month like April I think it will be ~700k... so at the end of May it will be at 8.5m.

Go Up