PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Which is why despite not liking how often Kotaku has been involved in social political battleship I do enjoy reading their reviews. I don't think anyone does it like it used to be done but I think they're pretty close. I like reviews from Hardcore Gamer, too. Though the fact that they're handing out numerical values to their reviews still doesn't sit well with me.

I like the way Kotaku does it because they give it a "check it out", or "Don't buy it" they give it monetary value.  I personally believe if I can get 8 hours out of a game, and its enjoyable, I've got my 60 dollars worth.  I use this reasoning since I spend at least 15 dollars on a 2 hour movie (15 dollars per 2 hours of gameplay).  The rating score made sense before when it used to actually be average based and had the in-depth analysis.  A game having 7 for presentation, 8 graphics, 8 sounds, 7 gameplay should have a 7.5 average.  Now you'll get those same ratings, then depending on how much money the publisher gives will be a 7 or a 9 for a final score.  Hell they don't even break down games anymore they just give whatever the publisher paid for.  Reviews honestly lost all meaning.