State of Play August 6th - no PS5

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 03, 2020, 01:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

He clearly has a track with MS, but I don't recall him being right about anything with Sony.

Legend

He clearly has a track with MS, but I don't recall him being right about anything with Sony.
Yeah that's all I'm saying. Seems some insiders knew about a state of play and assumed it was going to be a bigger event.

Xevross

Aug 03, 2020, 06:03 PM Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020, 06:06 PM by Xevross
Yeah that's all I'm saying. Seems some insiders knew about a state of play and assumed it was going to be a bigger event.
Yes basically. Insiders knew of state of play but Sony are keeping most of their secrets fairly well. Insiders didn't know what's in the state of play, they all just assumed or didn't bother saying anything.

I haven't seen anyone credible hyping this up big time and well now we know why.

kitler53

c'mon guys,.. everyone expects sony to have another show and for good reasons.   we don't know price.  we don't know release date.  there are probably more games to announce both big and little.  we don't know which games are launch titles.   many of the games previously announced didn't get much depth.    ...and most importantly of all a bunch of digital shows is clearly how things are going to be communicated so long as covid makes conferences an impossibility.

sony will have another show.  we don't know when and until we do every insider and forum dweller will be making speculation about it until it actually happens.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

c'mon guys,.. everyone expects sony to have another show and for good reasons.   we don't know price.  we don't know release date.  there are probably more games to announce both big and little.  we don't know which games are launch titles.   many of the games previously announced didn't get much depth.    ...and most importantly of all a bunch of digital shows is clearly how things are going to be communicated so long as covid makes conferences an impossibility.

sony will have another show.  we don't know when and until we do every insider and forum dweller will be making speculation about it until it actually happens.
Well exactly, we don't know shame and its been 2 months since that June event with pretty much 0 follow up information. Its a really odd strategy by Sony, imo they should be keeping it more frequent with bits of information. They're just giving competitors time to get into people's minds and win them over.

Legend

I think next gen is coming in hot.

Systems will have a day 1 patch.

the-pi-guy

I think next gen is coming in hot.

Systems will have a day 1 patch.
Of course!  

Those OS engineers are still working hard as Sony makes and ships consoles.  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>I kind of wish I was one of those OS engineers. &nbsp;<br>

Legend

Of course!  

Those OS engineers are still working hard as Sony makes and ships consoles.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

I kind of wish I was one of those OS engineers.  

I'm glad I'm on the game side.

How is software actually put on a system?

the-pi-guy

kitler53

I'm glad I'm on the game side.

How is software actually put on a system?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

I've been called a "whiny baby" and "not the marketing guru I think I am" on reddit for saying that this decision is baffling and that the negative reception this is likely going to have could have clearly been helped if they actually put in some of the PS5 info that people are so desperately waiting for. :D

I feel like it's borderline unfair to these third party partners to put them in a State of Play that is from the get go set up to be the exact opposite of what the community is looking for at the moment. How many people tuned out the moment they read "no major PS5 announcements"?

Xevross

I've been called a "whiny baby" and "not the marketing guru I think I am" on reddit for saying that this decision is baffling and that the negative reception this is likely going to have could have clearly been helped if they actually put in some of the PS5 info that people are so desperately waiting for. :D

I feel like it's borderline unfair to these third party partners to put them in a State of Play that is from the get go set up to be the exact opposite of what the community is looking for at the moment. How many people tuned out the moment they read "no major PS5 announcements"?
Nah they set expectations right here, people should know. I think this will be a big show for PS4 still and we'll still get some PS5 stuff so should be okay. If they immediately follow it up with PS5 news people will be happy.

DerNebel

Nah they set expectations right here, people should know. I think this will be a big show for PS4 still and we'll still get some PS5 stuff so should be okay. If they immediately follow it up with PS5 news people will be happy.
Yes they set expectations sure, but we know the internet, people will still baby. (Especially with how this week started for Sony) Follow up PS5 news can alleviate that of course, but as it stands that would probably still not be announced for at least a week or two after the event, even in the best case. Really seems like they want to have Lockhart and the Xbox price out there, before they play their big counter.

But again, I'm just imagining this from a partner perspective. Wouldn't you rather have your game shown in an event that millions are watching, because it's expected to have the PS5 news they have been waiting for than in an event that due to its expectations being set way lower a lot fewer will likely be watching?

Xevross

Yes they set expectations sure, but we know the internet, people will still baby. (Especially with how this week started for Sony) Follow up PS5 news can alleviate that of course, but as it stands that would probably still not be announced for at least a week or two after the event, even in the best case. Really seems like they want to have Lockhart and the Xbox price out there, before they play their big counter.

But again, I'm just imagining this from a partner perspective. Wouldn't you rather have your game shown in an event that millions are watching, because it's expected to have the PS5 news they have been waiting for than in an event that due to its expectations being set way lower a lot fewer will likely be watching?
Well I think Sony has so much to show that this stuff just wouldn't fit into their later planned PS5 show. So a lot of this might be its either this show or no show. Plus people who will be watching it will be interested for sure, and news still spreads quickly through social media and what not.

Its a weird move by Sony but you can see some of the sense in it. They know a lot more than us and there's people who are employed to just plan out this marketing strategy.

Dr. Pezus

I think ps5 event will happen next week

Go Up