PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

...unless of course you own an xbox.

i'm not sure if this really sort of thing really helps move playstation hardware/software but oh my does the other versions of this game feel gimped to not have marvel's most beloved super hero.   even though i'm a "beneficiary" of this deal it still feels slimy.
Yeah this feels like such a weird move from Sony. I don't really see what they gain from this at all. People on each platform are either going to buy the game or they aren't, it might persuade some people to get the PS version if they were considering others but its a post launch thing and I doubt many people will care by that point. Probably didn't cost much though, was most likely just part of the marketing deal.

Legend

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

...unless of course you own an xbox.

i'm not sure if this really sort of thing really helps move playstation hardware/software but oh my does the other versions of this game feel gimped to not have marvel's most beloved super hero.   even though i'm a "beneficiary" of this deal it still feels slimy.
Xbox version can have peter porker instead. Talk about upgrades.

kitler53

Xbox version can have peter porker instead. Talk about upgrades.

i'm going to be soo angry if xbox get's spider ham and playstation does not.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo were both announced as regular 3rd party games, and then later on they became timed PS5 exclusives. That's pretty lame for xbox players. Would make sense for a lot of people to not want to support that.

It's dumb that spiderman is getting the most backlash as just a post launch freebie, when Sony just pulled two "Rise of the Tomb Raiders."

BananaKing

PS didn't pull two rise if the tomb raider. Ms were wording that as it was an exclusive forever. And acting as if it were.

Sony at least is saying straight out that its timed exclusive

Legend

PS didn't pull two rise if the tomb raider. Ms were wording that as it was an exclusive forever. And acting as if it were.

Sony isn't hiding it which is def nice.

kitler53

i agree.   the lie was worse than then the deal.  

Xevross

Yeah man I'd forgotten about all that, MS were so fudgy shady. At least Sony are always straight up about this stuff.

Legend

lol this is worse imo than Spiderman.

Sony announces "Even more PlayStation Advantages" for Marvel's Avengers News | ResetEra

From PS Blog:

Even More PlayStation Advantages:

We previously stated that we're huge Marvel fans, but we're also PlayStation fans. We are honored to be working with them to provide additional advantages to PlayStation players. PlayStation players will have exclusive access to certain Community Challenges, where the PlayStation Nation will work together to accomplish a goal in order to gain rewards specific to them.

When it comes to cosmetics, PlayStation players will have 30-day exclusive access to a Legendary Outfit, Legendary Emote, Epic Takedown, and nameplate for each Super Hero as they are released - this is also for the six launch heroes. In addition, we also have rewards for those with a PlayStation Plus subscription. For each Super Hero added to the game post-launch, Hawkeye included, all PS Plus members will receive a free bundle that contains a Rare Outfit, nameplate, and 100 Credits to celebrate the addition of another Avenger to the roster. At launch, we'll have a free bundle for Ms. Marvel available for PS Plus members to embiggen our love for Kamala!

PlayStation 4 players will be the first to play the Beta! The Beta for those who pre-ordered on PS4 will take place from August 7-9 with pre-loading available on August 6. Following that, the Open Beta for all PlayStation players will be available from August 14-16 and August 21-23. You also do not need PlayStation Plus to participate in the Beta, so all your friends are free to join! For more information on the contents of the Beta, please see our previous PS Blog.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Timed exclusive dlc sucks. Just exists to make it annoying for people on the other platform.

Xevross

Seems like Sony are doing some stuff with exclusive content for PS+ subscribers, really increasing the value of the service.

DerNebel

Aug 04, 2020, 06:37 PM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020, 07:37 PM by DerNebel
I'd maybe be able to take this whole timed exclusive/exclusive content outrage slightly more seriously, if people weren't so dang hypocritical about all of this.

First of all people are acting like MS has abolished this when just weeks ago they announced 22 "console launch exclusives" or whatever. Reaction to that was weirdly muted, like people wanted us to rather not pay attention to that. A day before their event people were even bending over backwards on reddit to explain how "actually MS has nothing to do with Yakuza 7 on PS5 being a delayed release". But now people are acting like Sony has killed their first born by being so "ANTI CONSUMEEER", while MS is just this team of underdog saints who would never stoop to such tactics.

Secondly how many of these people now treating Sony like the Judas of games were just weeks ago happily cheering for MS buying out WB Games? When you run around salivating at the idea of your favourite platform holder buying out a publisher then you are in no position to even open your mouth about this shame. You have no problems with exclusivity you're just pissed when you're negatively affected by it.

Platform holders do exclusivity deals with third party devs because they do the job they're supposed to and that's fine. It's a way of how competition works, something people always love to scream about how it's only good for the consumer (but I guess. this doesn't count somehow). The only thing they (or rather one of them) should drop is their whole holier than thou act about how they are just totally against third party exclusives, when they are doing them anyways.

/rant

Legend

Sony's turn.

New photos and impressions of the DualSense has leaked; battery capacity is 1560mA | ResetEra

Update: I've converted all the tweets to pictures given the account will probably be banned soon.

Link to original tweet:
https://twitter.com/Galaxyrain666/status/1293459335658364933

kitler53

Xevross

Sony's turn.

New photos and impressions of the DualSense has leaked; battery capacity is 1560mA | ResetEra

Man the Dualsense looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait to use that thing.

maybe it is just the grainy picture but the left analog stick already looks worn...
I think its the lighting/ dust or something on the stick. Doesn't look like wear to me.

kitler53

I think its the lighting/ dust or something on the stick. Doesn't look like wear to me.
even better,.. the ps5 isn't even out yet and it's already collecting dust..

Go Up