I probably have covid

Started by kitler53, Nov 15, 2020, 02:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I haven't been tested but I have all the symptoms.   if I have a clear enough head tomorrow I'll try to get tested but right now my head is too cloudy to be safe to drive.  

if I stop posting for a prolonged period of time assume I'm dead.  if I die know that blame my greedy, selfish, ignorant, republican parents for my death.  they beat me as a kid and murdered me as an adult. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

I haven't been tested but I have all the symptoms.   if I have a clear enough head tomorrow I'll try to get tested but right now my head is too cloudy to be safe to drive.  

if I stop posting for a prolonged period of time assume I'm dead.  if I die know that blame my greedy, selfish, ignorant, republican parents for my death.  they beat me as a kid and murdered me as an adult.
How did you get infected? Get well!

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

I hate how trumpy Musk is
He's a right wing idiot, so yeah.

nnodley

Um you'll likely be fine, like 99% of people, but get well if you do have it.

kitler53

How did you get infected? Get well!
i can't be sure but timing wise and with how risk adverse my family has been living it's hard not to point my finger in the direction of voting.  

i still don't know if i had covid or not but regardless this was a horrible weekend for me.   fever spiked to 105 and breathing was difficult.  i tried to get a covid test on sunday but after a 4.5 hour wait the covid testing facility literally blew away in the wind and they closed the facility when i was just 20 cars from the front...

this morning i got tested but i just payed the $100 to a get a scheduled test where i didn't need to wait in line.   results expected on thursday/friday.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

i can't be sure but timing wise and with how risk adverse my family has been living it's hard not to point my finger in the direction of voting.  

i still don't know if i had covid or not but regardless this was a horrible weekend for me.   fever spiked to 105 and breathing was difficult.  i tried to get a covid test on sunday but after a 4.5 hour wait the covid testing facility literally blew away in the wind and they closed the facility when i was just 20 cars from the front...

this morning i got tested but i just payed the $100 to a get a scheduled test where i didn't need to wait in line.   results expected on thursday/friday.  
Wow why does it take so long. Results same day here

the-pi-guy

Rapid tests are harder to get here. It varies by location what is even available here.  

Basically the reason, is the government pays out for the tests, but they don't care when they get done. Thank Trump.

Dr. Pezus

Rapid tests are harder to get here. It varies by location what is even available here.  

Basically the reason, is the government pays out for the tests, but they don't care when they get done. Thank Trump.

I mean we just do the pcr. No rapid tests afaik. It doesn't take more than a few hours to run

the-pi-guy

I mean we just do the pcr. No rapid tests afaik. It doesn't take more than a few hours to run
I think because we don't have the resources for that many PCR tests.  

There's usually a 3-5 day lag for PCR tests here.

Legend

My test was luckily very easy. Just waited till the end of the business day and then went to my regular doctor.

I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better kitler. My non covid fever only reached 103 and that sucked.

Xevross

i still don't know if i had covid or not but regardless this was a horrible weekend for me.   fever spiked to 105 and breathing was difficult.  i tried to get a covid test on sunday but after a 4.5 hour wait the covid testing facility literally blew away in the wind and they closed the facility when i was just 20 cars from the front...

this morning i got tested but i just payed the $100 to a get a scheduled test where i didn't need to wait in line.   results expected on thursday/friday.  
Well I hope you are clear.

Also wtf, pay $100 to wait for a few days. America, why.

nnodley

in my area they were getting results the next day.  now they are just running an ungodly amount so delayed now.  My mom has a rapid test thankfully for the nursing home she runs.  I can get tested whenever i need to.

darkknightkryta

Yeah the testing is messed in ... I'll just say all of NA.  Our tests are taken here and sent to the U.S. to get results.  Cause, you know, god forbid you do the testing in province.