New Forum Feature: drafts!

Started by Legend, Dec 13, 2016, 03:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

This feature was part of 2.0 but I just learned it was disabled for non admins :P

Fixed.

Drafts are saved automatically as you type. They are saved for 30 days or so and then removed. Really nice if you're working on a large post or your browser screws up.

the-pi-guy

Doesn't save as I type.  :(
Only saves when I hit the save draft button.  

Legend

Doesn't save as I type.  :(
Only saves when I hit the save draft button.  
It doesn't save every second  ::)

I think it's like every 30 seconds. It's worked fine for me for over a year on chrome and firefox mobile so it should work with your browser.

kitler53

i don't want to go to war. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

It doesn't save every second  ::)

I think it's like every 30 seconds. It's worked fine for me for over a year on chrome and firefox mobile so it should work with your browser.
I'm testing it.
Seems to work in quick reply.
It doesn't work in post reply. I can see it updating. Seems to be every minute or so.  

the-pi-guy

This is our life.  
May ever it shine through the darkness.
May we make something out of our hopes.  
May we survive this strife.  
May we make it into gladness.  
Without it, we may be lost.  

It is throughout our times, that we make for ourselves our destiny.  
We have one opportunity to dream, to catch that thing of destiny in our clutches.  
If we let it escape, we have already lost ourselves.  
Without it, who can we be.  Without it, who can be dreamers.

But it is not I, that allows these simple things to be lost.  
No; I have far too much to lose to let go of any of these that are mine.  
This is my life, friend.  I will not lose it to any man or any of the likes of these.  
This is my story, as I see fit to tell it.

Xevross

It works for me. Its pretty funny that you didn't realise we were without this feature ;D

Legend

It works for me. Its pretty funny that you didn't realise we were without this feature ;D
It happens far too often.

Neverdies had "writer" permissions but somehow lacked standard permissions, so he didn't even know we had PMs, likes, polls, profiles, live view, etc. until about a month ago.

Xevross

It happens far too often.

Neverdies had "writer" permissions but somehow lacked standard permissions, so he didn't even know we had PMs, likes, polls, profiles, live view, etc. until about a month ago.
Oh wow. Are you sure there isn't anything else like this?

Awesome avatar by the way

Legend

Oh wow. Are you sure there isn't anything else like this?

Awesome avatar by the way
Pretty sure. I've double checked the permissions but it's still possible there's something I forgot to even set permissions up for. Admin profiles skip permission checks so I wouldn't notice, but I think we're good  ::)

Thanks!