PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

Feb 05, 2018, 09:49 PM Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018, 10:01 PM by DerNebel
Is Horizon 2 rumored for PS4? I figure it'd be a pretty good candidate for a next gen launch title.

And yeah if PS5 transition doesn't slow down development too much, a 2021 could be pretty solid. Anything earlier and it'd really help to have 2nd/3rd party help to fill in the gaps.

It's a tough call. Send out the old system with a bang so people have more confidence in the new system and its future, or abandon the old and push the new. Switch was the opposite of PS4 and both strategies seem to be viable.

I mean sure TLOU as a PS4 launch exclusive would have been incredible but the system was selling out anyway.
TLOU actually wasn't one of the games I was thinking about, I believe that was the perfect PS3 swan song.

The games I thought about are: Sly Cooper 4, God of War Ascension and Gran Turismo 6. God of War is arguable I guess, but I think it's obvious that Sly Cooper 4 would have done a lot better as a PS4 launch title (it should've replaced Knack completely imo) and that Gran Turismo 6 didn't come to PS4 at all I can only explain with Sony wanting to give Driveclub breathing room.

Overall I think that each of these 3 games would have done noticably better, had they launched during the first 12 months of the PS4s life than they did on PS3, plus they would have alleviated some of the early worries about the systems first party situation as well.