PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

i was 50/50 on posting this here or in the ps5 topic.  

what i really liked about this video was him explaining the ways in which cerny's design is benefiting games.   i thought i understood the design but this guy had some concrete examples like with the halo load times.  i found that very helpful.
If you checked the ps5 thread you'd see I already did.  :P

darkknightkryta

i was 50/50 on posting this here or in the ps5 topic.  

what i really liked about this video was him explaining the ways in which cerny's design is benefiting games.   i thought i understood the design but this guy had some concrete examples like with the halo load times.  i found that very helpful.
Yeah.  Linus does good videos.  I honestly don't know why he gets so much flack.  

kitler53

If you checked the ps5 thread you'd see I already did.  :P
oops.  sorry. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I'm thinking I'm going to buy a new SSD and hold off on a new computer for now. Doesn't seem like the time to be buying a high end future proofed build, given the pandemic and next gen.

the-pi-guy

A lot has changed in the PC space.  

Intel is struggling and has been falling behind AMD.  

Nvidia has been holding onto their GPU advantage. Definitely something AMD needs to improve on.  

aradii

Hi everyone i didn't find any topic to introduce myself so my name is arad ralami and after my works or dinner I'm playing games or watching anime and right know I'm playing Total War: Warhammer 2 as high elves fighting against dark elves, One of the greatest strategy games ever, this game is absolutely amazing so it has extremely addicting gameplay and It's unbelievably well balanced considered the number of different races.

Legend

Hi everyone i didn't find any topic to introduce myself so my name is arad ralami and after my works or dinner I'm playing games or watching anime and right know I'm playing Total War: Warhammer 2 as high elves fighting against dark elves, One of the greatest strategy games ever, this game is absolutely amazing so it has extremely addicting gameplay and It's unbelievably well balanced considered the number of different races.
Hi and welcome! I've never actually played a total war game but just got Troy as the epic free game. Guess I need to play it one of these days.

kitler53

hi to you.

i'm an bumb.  the sooner you know the better.

aradii

Hi and welcome! I've never actually played a total war game but just got Troy as the epic free game. Guess I need to play it one of these days.
Yeah you should try it maybe for the first time it's complicated for you but you can find a lot of tutorials in youtube for troy or any other total war games.

hi to you.

i'm an bumb.  the sooner you know the better.
Got it :D

Xevross

Lol at the language filter changing bumb to bumb. You're an bumb and a bumb @kitler53

kitler53

Lol at the language filter changing bumb to bumb. You're an bumb and a bumb @kitler53
i wish, my job sucks these days which is really disappointing because only a year ago i would have said i have the best job ever (for me).

the-pi-guy

"dream PC"

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900. ~$420 (R9 4900?)
GPU: RTX 2080 $749 (RTX 3080?)
RAM: 64 GB RAM $250
Motherboard: ?? $200
Case: $100
PSU: $300
Blu Ray player: $100
HDD: 8 TB $150
SSD:  1 TB $200
Windows: $70? 

Let's say ~$2700 with tax. 

I doubt I'd be allowed to get something like this.  ;D

Maybe buying it in parts I could go further.

kitler53

"dream PC"

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900. ~$420 (R9 4900?)
GPU: RTX 2080 $749 (RTX 3080?)
RAM: 64 GB RAM $250
Motherboard: ?? $200
Case: $100
PSU: $300
Blu Ray player: $100
HDD: 8 TB $150
SSD:  1 TB $200
Windows: $70?  

Let's say ~$2700 with tax.  

I doubt I'd be allowed to get something like this.  ;D

Maybe buying it in parts I could go further.
$2700 and still can't outperform a $500 ps5..

the-pi-guy

$2700 and still can't outperform a $500 ps5..
It does, but not by much tbh.  ::P
Except the SSD. The PS5's is a beast.

kitler53

It does, but not by much tbh.  ::P
Except the SSD. The PS5's is a beast.
to be fair i have no idea what i'm reading here so i'm talking out my butt mostly.  

my thought these days is technology has gotten ahead of developers ability to leverage them.  to an extent that is because technically few studios are competent enough to push modern hardware.  but mostly almost studios have the finacial resourses to put in the time to leverage them. 

sony doesn't own all of these studios but they do own a big portion of them. TLoU 2 will be the most "next gen" title for another year i'll bet despite being on ps4.  no one can match that kind of attention to detail except maybe rockstar.  

a high spec'd pc seems to me to be a waste of money.  the best of the best on pc is on consoles.  an extra $2200 isn't worth it to me to get the same game at 60 fps...

Go Up