PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

to be fair i have no idea what i'm reading here so i'm talking out my butt mostly.  

my thought these days is technology has gotten ahead of developers ability to leverage them.  to an extent that is because technically few studios are competent enough to push modern hardware.  but mostly almost studios have the finacial resourses to put in the time to leverage them.

sony doesn't own all of these studios but they do own a big portion of them. TLoU 2 will be the most "next gen" title for another year i'll bet despite being on ps4.  no one can match that kind of attention to detail except maybe rockstar.  

a high spec'd pc seems to me to be a waste of money.  the best of the best on pc is on consoles.  an extra $2200 isn't worth it to me to get the same game at 60 fps...

This would be for work and for play for me.  

-Various software development projects
-VR games

Legend

My computer has decided that hard drives are lame.

My new hard drive is also having issues and it seems to be windows that is causing the issue instead of my hardware. So that's great because my primary worry is backups but that's dumb because I'm not sure how to fix it.

darkknightkryta

So Microsoft put the Trident X on sale.  I can't build a better computer for the price they dropped it down to.  I mean, the i9 and 2080 (OG) brings me to 90% of the price.  My dad's been bugging me to get a new computer.  So I picked that up and moved computers around.  I thought I could lay it on its side, but I can't.  I was thinking of unscrewing the stand and putting bumpers, but I enjoy looking at that 2080's fan spin.  So I'm leaving it up for now.  Will fill my old PC spot with a PS5 in... like 5 years.

Legend

Sounds like a nice buy. I really really need a new computer I'm realising but none of the parts I want are available.

I ended up buying a samsung 970 evo 500 gb ssd and plugging it in to the front usb port. It's a really stupid setup but it'll let me get through the next few months. My computer is just generally showing its age but specifically it throttles my hard drives to kilobytes a second. So far the new SSD isn't affected and seemingly my internal SSD isn't affected.

Then once the rtx 3070 and 980 evo are available, I think I'll build a new rig and transfer this SSD over.

darkknightkryta

I act
Sounds like a nice buy. I really really need a new computer I'm realising but none of the parts I want are available.

I ended up buying a samsung 970 evo 500 gb ssd and plugging it in to the front usb port. It's a really stupid setup but it'll let me get through the next few months. My computer is just generally showing its age but specifically it throttles my hard drives to kilobytes a second. So far the new SSD isn't affected and seemingly my internal SSD isn't affected.

Then once the rtx 3070 and 980 evo are available, I think I'll build a new rig and transfer this SSD over.
So far it's been good.  I mean, a 2080 is no 3080, but close enough.  That i9 though, it's going to be lasting me till next gen at least.  But yeah, parts are going up.  Without a GPU, I think the best decent thing I could price out was 950 cad.  That's with like sales priced items.

Legend

I said I wouldn't do this.

I bought a PC. Next week is a next gen trifecta for me.

kitler53

I said I wouldn't do this.

I bought a PC. Next week is a next gen trifecta for me.
clearly I need to turn ad block on.  someone has too much money...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

clearly I need to turn ad block on.  someone has too much money...
I wish! My current computer broke and I can't really work till the new one arrives. Went with an rtx 2060.

But yeah it is crazy. Xbox series x on Tuesday, PS5 on Thursday, and pc on Thursday too. 2021 is the year of ramen.

Dr. Pezus

I wish! My current computer broke and I can't really work till the new one arrives. Went with an rtx 2060.

But yeah it is crazy. Xbox series x on Tuesday, PS5 on Thursday, and pc on Thursday too. 2021 is the year of ramen.
I won't get a new system until next year. I did buy Switch Lite, Tesla and a new phone though this year haha

Legend

I won't get a new system until next year. I did buy Switch Lite, Tesla and a new phone though this year haha
One of those is not like the other lol

the-pi-guy

Is AMD selling you 3 devices?  

Legend

Is AMD selling you 3 devices?  
Yes they are lol.

First time I'm using amd in a computer.

the-pi-guy

Yes they are lol.

First time I'm using amd in a computer.

Legend

That CPU alone costs more than a next gen system! More than double my cpu.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Go Up