PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Benji says about 8:50 minute mark that PS5 has another big game for launch that we don't know about yet. My money's on Demon's Souls.
That'd be insane. 

Wasn't really thinking to buy a PS5 game day 1, but that would do it for me. 

Xevross

That'd be insane.  

Wasn't really thinking to buy a PS5 game day 1, but that would do it for me.  
I always thought it would be so when they announced it and didn't have a date I was surprised. Its already the longest ever Bluepoint has taken to release a game since their second ever game in 2009 and they have support from Japan Studio on this.

Xevross

I suppose Sackboy is more likely to be ready for launch if its just one.

the-pi-guy

I suppose Sackboy is more likely to be ready for launch if its just one.
I wouldn't call that big.

And I say that as someone who loves LBP.

BananaKing

I think its demon souls. Having that as a launch title would certainly help convince a lot of core. Also it would be easier to have this ready for launch since its a remaster. They didn't have to develop everything and planning it to be on time is much easier. I wouldnt be suprised if LBP was there though

Xevross

Aug 11, 2020, 11:30 PM Last Edit: Aug 11, 2020, 11:52 PM by Xevross
I wouldn't call that big.

And I say that as someone who loves LBP.
He didn't actually say big, just another exclusive like Spider-Man.

I think its demon souls. Having that as a launch title would certainly help convince a lot of core. Also it would be easier to have this ready for launch since its a remaster. They didn't have to develop everything and planning it to be on time is much easier. I wouldnt be suprised if LBP was there though
Yeah also there doesn't have to be just one, Benji might have heard about one thing but it could be many.

I'm not expecting any though so I won't be disappointed. Astro's Playroom, SM Miles Morales, Godfall, Deathloop, Kena, Bugsnax, Jett and The Pathless is already a fairly good lineup of exclusives/ console exclusives for launch.

Edit: forgot Jett the far shore

Xevross

Aug 12, 2020, 07:49 PM Last Edit: Aug 12, 2020, 08:00 PM by Xevross

Another from Benji, around the 43 minute mark he was asked when he thinks R&C, GT7, Returnal and DS are releasing and he guessed various 2021 dates for each. So either he was lying or he wasn't referring to one of those in his last stream.

Edit: he also elaborated on his past comments at 54 min mark saying Spidey and Astro aren't the only exclusive thing for PS5 at launch but he can't say any more. Reiterated he's not hinting at a big unannounced game. Going on both of these things I'm now convinced its Sackboy/ Destruction Allstars.

Xevross

So the avengers game is quite literally just Destiny in an Avengers skin, lol. That's what I was expecting but its even more Destiny than I feared. It also doesn't run very well on base PS4, but I guess it is just a beta.

Dr. Pezus

So the avengers game is quite literally just Destiny in an Avengers skin, lol. That's what I was expecting but its even more Destiny than I feared. It also doesn't run very well on base PS4, but I guess it is just a beta.
Yeah I've seen impressions. Looks worse than destiny though since the gameplay seems worse/not as refined

Xevross

Yeah I've seen impressions. Looks worse than destiny though since the gameplay seems worse/not as refined
Yeah, Destiny is a top of range FPS. This is an average at best brawler. Spider-Man puts this to shame, it just feels so clunky and outdated to play.

Xevross

I'm enjoying the core combat loop a lot more playing as Iron Man and Black Widow, the focus on being nimble and quick attacks makes it much more fun. Playing the game with a couple of friends was enjoyable but I think no more than any co-op game might be. My friends aren't interested in buying it, maybe in a deep sale. I think the gameplay will get stale quickly with the repetitive and derivative mission design, but it seems fun enough that one playthrough of the story might be worth it if the story is good.

Gonna have to wait for reviews, but I may end up picking up Avengers whenever Spidey comes out on PS5 or around that time when its on sale.

Dr. Pezus

PS5 games coming in hot!

Xevross

Gone ahead with my PS avatar change. Went for a cool bad guy from Horizon.

Legend

Gone ahead with my PS avatar change. Went for a cool bad guy from Horizon.
Looks good.

Why Horizon?

Xevross

Looks good.

Why Horizon?
The first game is brilliant and the second is my most hyped PS5 game. Easy!

Go Up