CONFIRMED Sony rumored to skip E3 with the announcement coming today-ZhugeEX

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2020, 05:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Disappointed.
As a player E3 was magical. All companies going head to head in one week just can't be beat.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

??
Not from official channels, but the image is going around.  

But it's a super easy think to fake, so... IDK.

Timing matches up though

kitler53

doesn't bother me.   doesn't decrease the amount of announcements just the timing of them.  since i only ever watch sony's conference anyways it makes no difference to me if it is at E3 or at their own event.  sony's own event is actually better,.. E3 is a long ways aways and i'm soo ready for them to start talking ps5 already.  feburary 12th* (*rumored) can't come soon enough.

Not from official channels, but the image is going around.  

But it's a super easy think to fake, so... IDK.

Timing matches up though
does it?   january 14th to feburary 16th.  a month long conference?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

doesn't bother me.   doesn't decrease the amount of announcements just the timing of them.  since i only ever watch sony's conference anyways it makes no difference to me if it is at E3 or at their own event.  sony's own event is actually better,.. E3 is a long ways aways and i'm soo ready for them to start talking ps5 already.  feburary 12th* (*rumored) can't come soon enough.
does it?   january 14th to feburary 16th.  a month long conference?
It's not a conference. :P

The rumored conference is towards the end of the event.

kitler53

It's not a conference. :P

The rumored conference is towards the end of the event.

so what is it?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Real event, not anything worth talking about though.

https://www.sony.com/square-nyc.html

the-pi-guy

(@GIBiz)Confirmed: PlayStation will not be attending E3 2020 | ResetEra

Confirmed: PlayStation will not be attending E3 2020

"After thorough evaluation SIE has decided not to participate in E3 2020," said a Sony Interactive Entertainment spokesperson. "We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year."

"We will build upon our global events strategy in 2020 by participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe. Our focus is on making sure fans feel part of the PlayStation family and have access to play their favorite content. We have a fantastic line up of titles coming to PlayStation 4, and with the upcoming launch of PlayStation 5, we are truly looking forward to a year of celebration with our fans."  
[/size]

Dang. I was really hoping it'd be an announcement of a different event.

Legend

Legend

In the days of influencers this makes sense but it really sucks as a gamer.

Xevross

Lol RIP and good riddance E3. We did all love it but after what's happened the last couple years E3 needs to die.

Hopefully the industry still comes together for that week so we still have lots of conferences at once to look forward to.

the-pi-guy

I'm disappointed.  
Having this big week of E3 conferences has been a big thing for me the past probably 7+ years.  It's been a big thing that I've always looked forward to.  And while the past few years have been starting to diminish, I always felt like it was mostly because the generation was starting to come to a close.  First parties didn't have as much going on, and third parties weren't trying to do too many new things.  

I guess from a marketing standpoint it probably makes sense.  Because today there are tons of better ways to get through to bigger markets.  E3 is pretty geared toward a specific (albeit dedicated) portion of the gaming market.  And over time, it starts to make more sense to do other things because you can spend less to earn more.  

At least we will probably have a few other things to look forward to this year.  

At this point, I'm very disappointed about the E3 bit, but I feel like it's worse adding in that they didn't have any news of a different event they were going to have yet.  But that's because right now I'm getting pretty desperate to hear more stuff about the next gen, to the point that I'm giving too much credence to stupid stupid rumors (not that I believe them, but spending too much time entertaining the thought about some of them), and random coincidences.    There's just a lot to look forward to.  I'm curious to see the games, the tech, the hardware, the OS, the features, the VR. (You knew it was coming.  Next year probably.)  

My hope is that we'll hear about something in the next month, or very soon after.