We don't talk enough about PS Now, Gamepass

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 08, 2020, 10:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

What do you guys think of them?

What are their futures?

Legend

I think any sort of "netflix for games" is stupid and bad for the industry unless microtransactions and dlc are free as well. I also worry just because change is scary and I don't know what trends will form.

Streaming is cool. I don't know if it will take over but it offers a good option for players.

I'll buy gamepass on series x on a month by month basis, like I do with netflix.

the-pi-guy

I think any sort of "netflix for games" is stupid and bad for the industry unless microtransactions and dlc are free as well. I also worry just because change is scary and I don't know what trends will form.

Streaming is cool. I don't know if it will take over but it offers a good option for players.

I'll buy gamepass on series x on a month by month basis, like I do with netflix.
That's really lame that PSNow doesn't.

The service has made a lot of improvements like price and downloadable titles. Would be nice for that to change too.

I'm similarly nervous about changes like that.

Legend

That's really lame that PSNow doesn't.

The service has made a lot of improvements like price and downloadable titles. Would be nice for that to change too.

I'm similarly nervous about changes like that.

Ps now is in a hard spot. What do they want it to become?

Is it for people with a ps4/5 or for people without one?

I'd be more than happy with a super version of gamepass/ps now that cost more but included all dlc and microtransactions. Would push the industry away from microtransactions that save time.

the-pi-guy

Ps now is in a hard spot. What do they want it to become?

Is it for people with a ps4/5 or for people without one?

I'd be more than happy with a super version of gamepass/ps now that cost more but included all dlc and microtransactions. Would push the industry away from microtransactions that save time.
Seeing how positive the reception for gamepass is, part of me wonders if Sony will try leveraging PS Now more.

Today's showcase cemented Game Pass as the best value in all of gaming right now (if it wasn't already) | ResetEra

Almost every game announced today is coming as part of your subscription. Not only from MS entire first party and second party studios, but from many third party developers too. Even as someone who believes the show was straight up dogshit, you have to hand it to MS on how they nailed gamepass as a service.

List of the games announced today

From the event (thanks to Gowans for the list)
  • Halo Infinite - Holiday 2020
  • State of Decay 3
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Everwild
  • Tell Me Why - 27th Aug
  • Grounded - 28th July
  • Avowed
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Hell blade 2
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Destiny 2 + Expansions
  • Stalker 2
  • Warhammer 40K Darktide - 2021
  • Tetris Effect Connected - Holiday 2020
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Fable

I think it's straight up steal if you managed to snag 3 years of gamepass with the $1 conversion from gold.  
[/size]

kitler53

is that really a great value?  those games will be spread over the next 3 years so to get them all you need to pay $540.   obviously those won't be the only games on gamepass over 3 years but unless you always buys your games for $60 at launch there are better ways to be a cheapskate gamer.

i still don't get the hype for this service...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

is that really a great value?  those games will be spread over the next 3 years so to get them all you need to pay $540.   obviously those won't be the only games on gamepass over 3 years but unless you always buys your games for $60 at launch there are better ways to be a cheapskate gamer.

i still don't get the hype for this service...
Agreed.

I plan to use it on xsx but it's not some magic service. I'll just subscribe for a month when I want to play a specific game. If I subscribed for a full year at $120, I wouldn't save any money and I'd lose out on actually owning my games.