Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

In Icelandic Tuesday means the third day, Wednesday means midweek day, Thursday means fifth day.
TIL Icelandic is dumb. Weeks start on Mondays, that's just a fact.

Xevross

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT| Blue Ball Z (Read OP) | ResetEra

UPDATES ON THE SUSPECTED (decently probable) DIRECT DATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS OP Feb. 8th

DISCLAIMER: We must all realize and understand that the hints and information dropped over the past day or so need to be taken for what they are. Nintendo is always free to change their own plans before insiders catch word of said changes.

As for king zell and Emily (just the main two), we need to make sure we understand that not everything teased for 2019 will be in the rumored Direct for next week.

Most of you have already understood this to be the case, but for those just now catching up, I repeat, it's worth understanding that all the teased games have not been teased specifically for a reveal next week.

ALSO: DO NOT MESSAGE/HARASS AND TAG 'INSIDERS' (this should go without saying, but they've alluded these things crossing the line)

The thread title was not created to troll or make anyone think a Direct had been announced. The title was just copied and pasted from the admin post giving permission for said topic. Working now to clarify the title to prevent that reaction. Feb. 7th

The purpose of this thread:

To better contain the madness of ResetERA's Nintendo Direct speculation, and keep it relatively separate from the Nintendo First-Party thread.

As a general rule, let's try to avoid too much "reset the clock" type posts, until of course, we have a really good reason to think it's time to actually be resetting the clock. Madness must have some modicum of reasoning, you know?

I will do my best to gather relevant information to this OP, as potential leaks arise, and insiders come in with hints or when more informed speculation forms.

Bear with me as I update this OP based on your suggestions for the information you would like to see here! (Feel free to @ me or quote me with suggestions)

For clarification, this is Nibel's expressed permission from the staff to create this thread:

Nibel said:    One point I'd like to address: while there will be ultimately some kind of overlap between 1st party discussions and Direct discussions, I imagine the Direct thread would be more focused on speculation, possible leaks and rumors than this one. It would basically be a thread to contain "all the madness" in one place to keep this thread more level-headed and on-topic.

We've discussed to have a dedicated thread after Moon's suggestion yesterday and came to the conclusion that this might work for the best going forward. So: if anybody is interested to make that thread, they are officially allowed to do so.

Only thing I'd like to ask for is that the OP keeps the opening post updated and tries to keep up with the discussion/speculation.

It would stay in the main Gaming forum just like this thread  Click to expand...  In order to better understand reason for the thread being created, Plum has been hard at work organizing a spreadsheet that shows us the pattern, or lack thereof, for Nintendo's communication with consumers regarding their releases. Now, this does not necessitate why this thread exists, but surely gives some insight as to why there's more clamoring for a Direct than usual. The numbers in this spreadsheet reflect the days between Directs.

Feb 14th is the earliest possible date, unless they decide to throw one out on another day that would be mostly unprecedented.

RED ALERT RED ALERT

king zell dropped in with this bit of information this morning (Feb. 8th) so here we are!

king zell said:    13 is your lucky number..... and am out  Click to expand...  And I step away from what felt like another quiet morning...

king zell said:    There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
  Spoiler: 2019 Games    Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.     Click to expand...    
[/size]

This thread is moving at 1000mph because there might be a direct announcement in a few mins. Nintendo fans are whack ;D

Xevross

Feb 12, 2019, 01:59 PM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 02:23 PM by Xevross
And there it is, direct in 32 hours (5PM EST).

35 mins direct on Switch games only, specifies Fire Emblem details.

Edit: worth noting that last time they said "including new details on"... in their direct announcement, it was Mario Tennis Aces last March and they spent about 6 minutes out of 35 on it, and there were still plenty of new announcements including Smash. So assume about the same for Fire Emblem and this direct.

Legend

Sunday is the first day of the week over here too. Also I made a live thread for the direct.

the-pi-guy

I've heard it both ways .

Monday/Sunday as the first day.  

Xevross

How can Sunday be the next week if it's a week end ???

Y'all trippin'.

Dr. Pezus

Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 PM Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 10:40 PM by Dr. Pezus
Not really son. Lots of other places have it like us

Sunday is the first day of the week over here too. Also I made a live thread for the direct.
See, pretty much all progressive countries in the western hemisphere do this!

How can Sunday be the next week if it's a week end ???

Y'all trippin'.
It's not called week end in Icelandic.

Xevross

Feb 13, 2019, 12:17 AM Last Edit: Feb 13, 2019, 12:21 AM by Xevross
Not really son. Lots of other places have it like us
See, pretty much all progressive countries in the western hemisphere do this!
It's not called week end in Icelandic.
Man idk, I've never known Sunday to be called the start of the week before.

here we go, quick google:

Monday is the first day of the week according to the international standard ISO 8601, but in the US, Canada, and Japan it's counted as the second day of the week.
In many cultures and languages, Monday is given a name that means either "second day" marking Sunday to be the first day of the week or a name that means the day after Sunday.
Slavic languages number Monday as the first day, not the second day.

Most European countries' calendars show Monday as the first day of the week.
So its another thing Americans do wrong, and apparently Iceland is confused and thinks they're American... :P

I've never in my life seen a calendar which puts Sunday as the start of the week, and I doubt you'll find anyone in the UK and most of Europe who considers Sunday the first day of the week.

Edit: and definitions aside, we all live with starting new weeks on mondays. We go back to work/ school at the start of a new week.

the-pi-guy

Someone is a little too concerned about their country's arbitrary choices.   ::)

Xevross

Someone is a little too concerned about their country's arbitrary choices.   ::)
No I'm concerned about people who lie to themselves their entire lives.

the-pi-guy

No I'm concerned about people who lie to themselves their entire lives.
Time is a circle.  Image result for monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday in a circle

Xevross

Xevross

Feb 26, 2019, 02:03 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2019, 02:12 PM by Xevross
Pokémon Direct 2.27.2019 announced | ResetEra

Pokemon gen 8 to be (hopefully) announced tomorrow in a 7 minute long direct.

Cute Pikachu

The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Oh fudge yeah
Exciting times! I really hope it looks good and completely new. If its just the same 3DS style game I'll be disappointed.

If they just show logos and nothing more that will also be disappointing.

Go Up