Microsoft: "Our future Gears of War, future Forzas, future Halos"

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 23, 2018, 04:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

But the shelf life of these games are about 1 year and profits dramatically drop after the first month. Treating games like a service will keep it profitable for longer and maximise the return with microtransactions.
I'm afraid this is the state we're in because it's a model that can weap huge returns.
The Gears and Halo franchise are quite well suited for this type of model.

But to go back to the story this was taken from, I think this makes Xbox game pass very appealing. Something Sony can counter by letting people download games and also stream with the PS Now subscription.

On a side note, why isn't the PS Now tech used to play demos? It seems like an obvious thing to do and I don't want to download huge demos to play for 5 minutes.
PS Now is really expensive for Sony to host. They will only use it when they are sure the player will give them money. I think it's more about making sure Sony is already a leader in the market for when costs do decrease and it can be used in more ways.

Yeah xbox game pass is a great deal. As long as you average buying at least one Ms game a year, it's cheaper. Only problem is that it's going all in on microtransactions and Ms games have already been really bad at that. If you do care about those things, it's a poor deal. If you don't, then it's a great deal just like Battlefront 2 with its free DLC.